Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to catch a predator

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I was watching an episode of dateline's to catch a predator on YouTube and was wondering what your take on the show was.

Yes these guys are scumbags trying to have sex with a young girl or boy, but it also seems like the decoys really reach hard to get them to come over.

One guy committed suicide and he never even stepped foot in the house, he refused to come over and they had the decoy call him over and over and then the cops had a swat team break into his home when he refused to go.

All these men are charged with attempt of a lewd act with a child.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I really have no sympathy for anyone who preys on a child, verbally, physically, or in cyberspace.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:58 PM

doesn't matter how hard someone trys to lure them, someone who isn't a creeper isn't going to take the bait

jacsmama022
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:58 PM
This.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

doesn't matter how hard someone trys to lure them, someone who isn't a creeper isn't going to take the bait

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:59 PM
One guy got caught in two different stings Lol. All he said was " this time I really promise not to do it again"

He appeared to be mentally challenged though
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:59 PM
This! They didn't search for the guys, the guys were searching for victims.
I have zero sympathy for anyone who hurts a child and/or is looking to hurt a child. If you don't want to face the consequences then don't do the crime!

Quoting B1Bomber:

I really have no sympathy for anyone who preys on a child, verbally, physically, or in cyberspace.

southern.momof2
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:01 PM
They're CHILD PREDATORS! I don't care how hard the decoy comes at them. The scum bags think they are meeting children for sex.

I wish more of them would kill themselves, the world would be a better place.
skittlefart
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:01 PM

never seen it but i don't care, anyone who attempts to have sex with a young little girl or boy deserves to be in therapy and prison. 

photo summerbabies_zps1e9f58e9.jpg
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

This. If an underage boy tried to lure me into sex with him *gag* then I would be informing his parents. Yuck. Those "men" are adults, they are making the decision to have sex with an underage kid. They know what they are doing. if it weren't a decoy "luring" them, then they would prey on some poor kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:09 PM

The pedo's make first contact always and they are the ones seeking sexual pleasure. Doesn't matter if the decoy tries to get them over. The sickos are clear they are talking to a child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:13 PM

This is only partially related but I just have to tell this story because it's so stupid and crazy.

When I was 13(in 1998) my friend and I(she was also 13) met a guy from the internet(he was 21) and looking back he said some pretty gross things to us, we didn't really think much of it at the time. Anyway so we met this guy, he picked us up and took us to a movie(Enemy of the State) and he sat in between us.  He had one hand around her and was fondling her boob in her shirt and his other hand going up my thigh and rubbing my crotch. We sat there awkward and scared not knowing what to do. At some point my friend stood up and shouted "I HAVE TO PEE" and we went to the bathroom and she told me he was touching her and I told her he was touching me too. We left, found a payphone and called her sister, who yelled at us and called my dad. My dad called the police. Someone came and got us and back at my house we talked to the police, told them what was going on and the police told us that this was not illegal and this man didn't do anything wrong.

So fast forward a few years and I find out theres an entire show dedicated to catching grown ass men trying to molest young girls and boys off the internet BECAUSE IT'S ILLEGAL. I was dumbfounded. I seriously thought it was a new law and had become illegal sometime in the early 00's.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)