• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you try this ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
At my wits end with my dd. She is almost 4,and like 80% potty trained. Nights she is nowhere near ready but I haven't even started stressing that. She is so headstrong and lazy that like once ( sometimes more) a week or so she randomly will pee or poop in her underwear.
We reward good potty days. Take away things for accidents but nothing gets through to her. Its plain and simple if she doesn't feel like stopping what she is doing tongo potty she doesn't. She would rather sit in pee than go to the bathroom sometimes.
Now for the hard part. Someone recommended we put her in the shower every accident to clean her up. She HATES showers. Sprinklers. Anything that equals water falling on her head. I don't know that she is afraid of it. Because she will pour water on her own head all the time in the bath. But she seriously hates a shower. Would it be wrong to put her in a shower ? Especially poop accidents it would make cleaning her up easier.
This child is 10x more stubborn than me. I make her go potty every 30 minutes and watch for signs in between that for when she has to go. I usually can catch her and remind her to go. But like today, I told her to go to the bathroom and try to poop. We sat there for 10 minutes nothing. 5 minutes later she goes and hides in her room and poops her pants. So frustrating !!
My D's was so much easier and my youngest is 2 and doing good with it. I don't know why she is so much harder.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:58 PM

no. I wouldn't. My daughter did that same thing for a while (mostly with poop though. She was afraid of having "a hard poop" she told me. she was constipated once and it really freaked her out). I just working with her. She's stubborn too but she is getting a lot better at it. She's 4 now and rarely has accidents.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:01 PM

That sounds like torturing her for having an accident, I don't see how that is going to help things at all

LadyMe
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:04 PM
I don't think I would. Sounds like it probably does scare her and that wouldn't help things at all. :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)