Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Publix Workers. Please tell me if I'm in the wrong!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
I go through the speedy check out. And I notice the cashier is just sliding my items over.

I had about 7 items. Milk- lime and lemon juice- eggs-bread- water- and a post card

Not a lot.

However, I see she rings me out and doesn't move. I ask her "do you not have baggers?" She says to me in a snooty voice "not in speedy checkout"

That's a first. I've always had someone bag my items. Always

Anyways, I said to myself, under my breath, "ok, I guess I'll go ahead and bag my own items.."

I guess she saw my "irritation" and bagged my card.

I told her thank you and walked out

I mean really, I get that it wasn't a lot of items, I have two hands and arms that work perfectly well, but last time I checked, I dont get paid to bag my own items, nor do I have a Publix badge..

Ok, I sound so damn snooty right now, but isn't that HER job??

(FYI- I only went in to do a western union, and my grandmother asked me to pick her up a few items- I very seldom go to Publix. I like Walmart in my area- and at their self checkouts IIIIII bag my own items..)

So- are Publix cashiers supposed to bag items? Even at the speedy check out??

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JennJenn85
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:07 PM

I would assume so the express check outs anywhere else i've been they bag them so why not?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:09 PM
Does it really matter? Unless I'm chasing a kid I help bag and I generally shop at Whole Foods.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:11 PM
If her attitude was adjusted, and she had a smile one her face, then it wouldn't have bothered me.

I also had my 78 yr old grandmother in the car waiting for me, and her AC is not working, and we live in FL, and I was slightly in a hurry

Quoting Anonymous: Does it really matter? Unless I'm chasing a kid I help bag and I generally shop at Whole Foods.
228mommy922
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:11 PM
I've never been to a store that doesn't bag your items except self check out lines.

We don't have a publix though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Oh, and I happen to help bag my own items too when I grocery shop. Esp if I have a to. Of items.

Quoting Anonymous: Does it really matter? Unless I'm chasing a kid I help bag and I generally shop at Whole Foods.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:12 PM

here self checkout is 100% self checkout, you bag your own stuff.

Kroger, Meijer and Walmart are all like that

ablox
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Our Publix bags for us. Even "speedy" checkout. It's the job.
djg0622
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:14 PM
When I worked for publix the motto was above and beyond. Even when we worked express checkouts we bagged their groceries.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Aww poor you and your first world problems
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:15 PM

I've never had anything but excellent customer service at Publix. She was out of line but definitely an exception to their typical employee attitude.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)