Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

4 year old banned from donut shop for the most ridiculous reason.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

This is ridiculous. Kids have no filter and adults should be a little more understanding.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/26084445/4-year-old-boy-banned-from-local-doughnut-shop

4-year-old boy banned from local doughnut shop

Posted: Jul 22, 2014 4:31 PM EST Updated: Jul 22, 2014 6:55 PM EST

MONROE, CT (WFSB) -

Kids say the darndest things, but one local inquisitive 4-year-old boy asked a question that got him banned from a Monroe doughnut shop.

"We were screamed at in front of the door, ‘he's not allowed in here, he's rude'," said Rebecca Denham as she described her experience at the Doughnut Inn on Tuesday morning.

Denham said her son, Justin Otero, asked a woman at the doughnut shop if she had a baby in her belly.

When the woman said ‘No' Otero apologized, and his mother said she was mortified.

"My response was ‘Oh my goodness, I'm so embarrassed, I'm so sorry'," Denham said.

While the woman said it was ‘no problem,' the managers at the Doughnut Inn were not as forgiving.

When Denham and her son walked in the shop Tuesday morning, they were allegedly told to leave.

"She said, 'he's not allowed in here,' and I looked around, and said, 'him?' and she said 'yeah, he's rude'," Denham said

She said she tried to explain what happened to her son and said he "sort of" understands, but he is still asking questions.

Eyewitness News tried to contact the manager and owner of the shop, who had no comment.

Denham said she and her son are planning to take their business elsewhere, while using this as a learning lesson for Justin.

"Some people, unfortunately are quick to pass judgment, and therefore we will take our money and business elsewhere," Denham added.

The owner of this Doughnut Inn in question owns at least two shops in Monroe, however he/she does not own the stores that are located in Fairfield and Stratford.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nelliesmommy
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:17 PM
How dumb. Kids ask questions.
greenlove2013
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:17 PM
He asked a question. How was that rude?
missymackie
by Mrs. Dixon on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:19 PM
Ugh, my home state :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:22 PM

bump

vettechmom88
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:24 PM

something similar happened to me and a little girl i was babysitting once. she was 3, almost 4, i was 12, and we walked to my friends house to hang out with her. my friends mom was home that day, and shes a big woman. the little girl i was babysitting asked her if she was going to have a baby (most of her weight WAS disproportionately in her stomach area), and my friends mom got all upset and told me to get her out of her house and she wasnt allowed back. i explained to the girl why we dont ask people things like that, but jeez, really lady? and shed had children herself, she shouldve known kids dont understand at that age why some questions are inappropriate. 

"Never judge a man by how he treats his peers, judge him by how he treats his inferiors." ~ Albus Dumbledore

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Dumb. If you look pregnant dont get upset when someone asks if you are. And it's a kid, find something worthwhile to rant about.
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:26 PM
If the woman didn't care, why is it rude? It's an honest question. As teachers we get asked it a lot. Tells you it's time to lay off the twinkles! Lol. silly.
redneck.crazy
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:29 PM
It appears the lady he asked wasn't upset about it. The idiot managers were the ones to throw a fit.

Quoting Anonymous: Dumb. If you look pregnant dont get upset when someone asks if you are. And it's a kid, find something worthwhile to rant about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJnEsMama
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Why did the manager wait to do all that? Anyways it was dumb when the child did not mean harm. I have a four year old and had to explain that not all adults are parents and things like that since she has been curious about that stuff. They are just learning about the world and excited to ask questions.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Lol, did the mom of the boy go to the media? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)