• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tennessee Moms

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:23 PM
  • 77 Replies
We would like to move to Tennessee.

I have seen Lenoir and Cleveland. Lenoir was pretty and I am pretty sure we don't want Cleveland.

If you live or have lived there, give me the good and bad. What areas to stay away from. Cost of living. Any other information.

I have started my list...
Maryville
Hixson
Franklin
Brentwood
North Knoxville
Millington
Germantown
Cordova
Collierville
Arlington
Kingston

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawnjohnson5
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Bump
cshepard
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:27 PM
I live in Knoxville. I guess the cost of living isn't too high compared to other places. There's lots to do here for kids and adults. I like it here tho if much rather live at the beach :) feel free to ask anything here or pm me. Good luck with your move.
Hoppers33
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:30 PM
I live in Maryville...which is maybe 15 minutes from Knoxville. I'm from Chicago so the cost of living is amazing to me. There's plenty to do and it's close to the mountains and river. The schools suck, though.
Missdameanor
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:32 PM
I live near Nashville and was just in Lenoir City last week. It's a beautiful area, but I'm not sure about the job market there. It is so close to the smoky mountains that I am betting a lot of it is seasonal.
dawnjohnson5
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
We have been wanting to move and I drove through Tennessee over the weekend. I fell in love!

We don't know anything about it though. Like the cities to stay away from and such.

Quoting cshepard: I live in Knoxville. I guess the cost of living isn't too high compared to other places. There's lots to do here for kids and adults. I like it here tho if much rather live at the beach :) feel free to ask anything here or pm me. Good luck with your move.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:39 PM
I grew up in an itty bitty town about an hour from Knoxville. I dragged my husband and kids there to visit for the summer a few years ago. They hated it. I'm a southern girl at heart. I live in ny now.
dawnjohnson5
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:39 PM
We are in Texas, the schools here suck too. Lol

I just want to get an idea of the different areas. Which cities to stay away from.

I will check out Maryville, I would love to be close to mountains and a river. Lol

Quoting Hoppers33: I live in Maryville...which is maybe 15 minutes from Knoxville. I'm from Chicago so the cost of living is amazing to me. There's plenty to do and it's close to the mountains and river. The schools suck, though.
dawnjohnson5
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:41 PM
I am not sure about the job market anywhere in Tennessee. I was hoping to get some good info.

We had a 5 hour stay in Lenoir at a little hospital. I was on a road trip with my daughter in law who is 9 months pregnant. Lol

Quoting Missdameanor: I live near Nashville and was just in Lenoir City last week. It's a beautiful area, but I'm not sure about the job market there. It is so close to the smoky mountains that I am betting a lot of it is seasonal.
dawnjohnson5
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Aww, why did they hate it? We are pretty much southern people and love the outdoors.

Quoting Anonymous: I grew up in an itty bitty town about an hour from Knoxville. I dragged my husband and kids there to visit for the summer a few years ago. They hated it. I'm a southern girl at heart. I live in ny now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:45 PM
I live in Elizabethton. It's about two hours from Knoxville. I like it okay. I lived in or around this area my entire life. Drugs are an issue in this area but heck where aren't they an issue? We've got pretty slim pickings as far as jobs but there is a lot of stuff close to do Pigeon forge and Gatlinburg are a few hours away same with the Knoxville zoo. My daughter sees the children's Neurology center in Knoxville every three months and a lot of my family lives there.
Good luck with your move
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)