• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love my child.....but right now I'd love to kick him square in the butt.

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:41 PM
  • 21 Replies
I owe my roommate a frigging door because my 6yo pulled a dumb move. Their pantry door locks from the outside. I was in grabbing things to make lunch and he decided to lock it, run in, and slam the gods forsaken door. There is no AC in there, nothing to drink, and my phone was in the living room.

After about an hour of trying anything and everything I could, I gave up and broke the door. Nearly broke my ankle in the process.

I was in such a good mood today too. :/
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pensatucky
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Ok this is confusing
why could you not unlock it and why could he not unlock it? Were you locked in or was he? How do you plan to teach him that this was not a good thing to do?
oliveoil423
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:44 PM
I would have put my child in a time out for locking me in the pantry and to cancel all plans to.
AustinsMommy007
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Yikes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:46 PM

My 6 yo would be in a world of trouble for pulling that stupid trick.

AnHpuresugar
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Your 6 year old didn't come back to let you out when you yelled? What discipline did you use?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:47 PM
So he locked it, took a run up and then slammed it? Either way, his life would be over. You would buy the door yes. But he would be doing EVERY bit of housework alongside you until he earned the price of the door.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:49 PM

I had to read it twice, but I think they were both locked in.  She was in there and then he managed to lock the door on his way in.  At least I think that's what she's saying.

Quoting Pensatucky: Ok this is confusing why could you not unlock it and why could he not unlock it? Were you locked in or was he? How do you plan to teach him that this was not a good thing to do?

lonelymoon
by Kahla on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:55 PM
He is 6?! That's a little old to be doing something like that.
SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:02 PM
It locks from the outside. We were both in the pantry. And he's already been disciplined for it.

Quoting Pensatucky: Ok this is confusing

why could you not unlock it and why could he not unlock it? Were you locked in or was he? How do you plan to teach him that this was not a good thing to do?
SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:04 PM
He's already been disciplined for it.

Quoting oliveoil423: I would have put my child in a time out for locking me in the pantry and to cancel all plans to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)