Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teachers- would you be offended by this email? Update

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:48 PM
  • 30 Replies

Dear Mrs. Teacher,

I am aware that the list for your class is often much different than for other classrooms in the same grade.  Would you be able to reply to this email with the list for the upcoming school year?  I am able to open attachments if you have it in a word document.  Usually, I purchase them after Open House, since it often the same weekend as the tax free weekend, but not this year.  The tax free weekend is August 1st-3rd and Open House is the 16th. 

Also, please make sure to include anything that you need that is not on the usual list and I will do my best to get it for you.  I can often buy more when I don't have to concern myself with the taxes on it.  Can't we all?  *:) happy

Looking forward to another great year with you.

Sincerely,

Me
AKA
Ds's Mom

I am just a bit nervous that she might think it's offensive somehow.  I know it's a bit early, but the school supply list is already posted online and I am pretty certain they are supposed to have theirs done by now, too.  I won't be able to get everything for my DD yet, since I won't know what teacher she has until OH, so I can only buy certain things.  Each teacher has their own list on top of the main one already posted, but DS is in gifted and their list is often markedly different from the other classes in his grade level.  For the kids in that class, they have the same teacher for two years in a row, which is why I know who his teacher is this year. 

Is it too much to ask or too soon?  Ugh, IDK anymore.

Update!  She responded today.  She was at a teaching convention in another city and couldn't access her files, so she will send it when she returns.  Super nice teacher he has.  We are so lucky.

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anb149
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see why it would be. I keep checking for my son's list too. My MIL is coming up in two weeks and wants to take him shopping so I am hoping to have it then. :) As soon as I say  back to school he gets grumpy.

maminka-4
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Its nice of you to ask if there is anything above and beyond the list of things for you to get!

Asking for the list shouldn't be a problem. You told her why and I'm sure its fine.
Texor
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Do you not know her name?  Or was that just for here?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:52 PM
No. I wouldn't
ablox
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:53 PM
You should just send it
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:53 PM

The lists just came out on Monday.  So, I am hoping that I'm not jumping the gun and made it less offensive by adding that part about other supplies.  I always offer to get more throughout the year and both of their teachers usually tell me they don't need anything.  I am thinking that if I offer it at the beginning, they might remember what they need before the year gets in full swing. 

Quoting anb149:

I don't see why it would be. I keep checking for my son's list too. My MIL is coming up in two weeks and wants to take him shopping so I am hoping to have it then. :) As soon as I say  back to school he gets grumpy.

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:55 PM

seems fine to me

anb149
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:57 PM

I say this is fine and you are being generous by offering! I would add her name though instead of Mrs Teacher- I am guessing that is just not to give away private info here.

Quoting WickedOpal:

The lists just came out on Monday.  So, I am hoping that I'm not jumping the gun and made it less offensive by adding that part about other supplies.  I always offer to get more throughout the year and both of their teachers usually tell me they don't need anything.  I am thinking that if I offer it at the beginning, they might remember what they need before the year gets in full swing. 

Quoting anb149:

maureen813
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:00 PM

You are missing an " is " it should read " since it often IS the same weekend" Otherwise, it's fine!

Rosehawk
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:06 PM

I don't see anything wrong with your email. Sounds like your gifted program is the same as ours. They have a 2/3 split where the kids are with the same teacher for both grades. They pair a 3rd grader with a 2nd grader to help the 2nd grader get up to speed as fast as possible. For all intents and purposes, as soon as they start 2nd grade, they skip a grade.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)