Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Memphis law will backfire

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies
1 mom liked this

The new law prosecuting mothers who's babies are born addicted will backfire and lead to many babies being left in dumpsters . Some will die due to unassisted home births when complications arise and many of these ladies will avoid doctors and prenatal care altogether . What are your thoughts on this ? 

here is a link to the story 

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/26095377/baby-born-addicted-to-drugs-police-search-for-mother

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tattedmommy730
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:58 PM
6 moms liked this
Maybe the mothers shouldnt be doing drugs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:59 PM

BUMP!

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:59 PM

They won't be prosecuted if they were seeking help during the pregnancy.

Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Memphis is a shithole antway, and lost any hope of EVER regaining the city's former glory when they pulled that stupid shit with the renaming the parks. Not even Graceland is enough to give my entertainment and tourist dollars to those stupid shits.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:00 PM
2 moms liked this
I din't think women should get a free pass for harming their child because they may choose to murder the child instead.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I never said they should but if the law is to protect these babies how will it do that if these mothers stop going to hospitals to have their babies ? How will this law protect babies who will end up in dumpsters ? How will it protect babies who's mothers stop seeking prenatal care ? 

Quoting tattedmommy730: Maybe the mothers shouldnt be doing drugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:02 PM

What does any of that have to do with protecting innocent babies ? 

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Memphis is a shithole antway, and lost any hope of EVER regaining the city's former glory when they pulled that stupid shit with the renaming the parks. Not even Graceland is enough to give my entertainment and tourist dollars to those stupid shits.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:03 PM
I completely agree with you. Damned if you do and damned of you don't.
tattedmommy730
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Maybe they will clean up their act if they know their baby will be taken

Quoting Anonymous:

I never said they should but if the law is to protect these babies how will it do that if these mothers stop going to hospitals to have their babies ? How will this law protect babies who will end up in dumpsters ? How will it protect babies who's mothers stop seeking prenatal care ? 

Quoting tattedmommy730: Maybe the mothers shouldnt be doing drugs

Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:05 PM

It has to do with how stupid the city is, and how little they care about making it a place anyone actually wants to lay claim to. Of course it is going to affect a ton of people there, because nobody that is not a crackhead wants to live in Memphis any more.

Quoting Anonymous:

What does any of that have to do with protecting innocent babies ? 

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)