• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I haven't spent a penny on activities this summer for DS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

We have a tight budget but are not on any type of PA.  We have a bunch of churches in our area and I've signed DS up for every free activity they have.  He has done 3 week long Vacation Bible Schools, a week long music camp, a week long baseball camp, a week long basketball camp and a week long soccer camp.  He has been to the the museum 3 times, six flags once, sea world once, the zoo and the movies.   I'm so happy the churches in our area do these types of things.  

Does your area do this type of stuff?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:21 PM

DH and I both work, we have no choice but to pay for somewhere for DS to go over the summer

Mom2Boys9501
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:21 PM
No but our church does a Wednesday night kids program we help out with. Churches around us have VBS but my kids are too old.
Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Not sure. Since we are not Christian I don't feel it would be right to use that type of thing. We do plenty of fun things though.

AmiJanell
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:23 PM

We have a lot of activities, but they aren't free... however, most say that if you are unable to pay they will work something out.   We had my son in 3 different activities this year (he just turned 6)... he went to an arts and worship day camp for a week, a STEAM camp for a week,  and is currently in VBS for a week.... we had planned on putting him in a sports sampler too, but he broke his arm at the start of summer.  After this week we are going to have some down time before school starts. 

maureen813
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Not often but I sure wish they did, not for myself but for many families I work with! What state do you live in?

polkaspots
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:24 PM
We don't pay for a lot of shit either. We pay for one pool club, and that's about it. Everything else we do is free. The only things we end up paying for are snacks and souvenirs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I'm in texas.

Quoting maureen813:

Not often but I sure wish they did, not for myself but for many families I work with! What state do you live in?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:26 PM

I'm Chirstian, I just don't attend a home church, Dh isn't though.  Most churches have an "all are welcome and encouraged to come" policy.

Quoting Blooming_Lotus:

Not sure. Since we are not Christian I don't feel it would be right to use that type of thing. We do plenty of fun things though.

my2kids0506
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:29 PM
That would be nice my dd camp was 300 my son's baseball camp was 220.00 and I pay for summer care 95.00 a week for my son 80.00 a week for my dd. I cannot wait till school starts back.
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:31 PM
I have no idea we pay for all their activities
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)