• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

weaning baby off of bottle?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:20 PM
  • 2 Replies
My daughter is almost 14 months old and she is ok with her sippy cup, she will drink it most of the time. I have 3 different types, however she gets very frustrated with them and won't drink so at bedtime and bedtime only I let her have a bottle. I let her one night and then the next she has a sippy cup. She gets so mad with them, she's used to bottles. She also has a problem with water. I can get her to drink maybe 3 sips of water. I only let her have 3 ounces of juice every other day so she doesn't get into a habit and has milk periodically (mostly breakfast time) anything I can do to make her transitions easier?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Gingerbell.RN
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:24 PM
I have 5 kiddos and I just stop giving it to them. They have been off bottles by 12 months each time. I always introduce the cup early and by the time it's time to take the bottle away they are very well adjusted.
meganliz11
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:26 PM
It sucks because she never likes changes just like I don't. Her father allows it and gives in so easy. He's at work all day so he wants to do things the easy way so she doesn't cry.

Quoting Gingerbell.RN: I have 5 kiddos and I just stop giving it to them. They have been off bottles by 12 months each time. I always introduce the cup early and by the time it's time to take the bottle away they are very well adjusted.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)