Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cried at my dental appt..need advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
I am going to be getting false teeth. This is hard for me, I am only 32. But seeing that my teeth are in bad shape for not having the proper dental care over the years. I just got coverage couple weeks ago. After several visit the dental Dr told me, there is no saving my teeth. They are cracked,chipped and some are broken. I tried taking care of my teeth,but the Dr explained since I have had little care, my teeth are weak and will continue to get worse. I am nervous. I knew this was a possibly, but I am still shocked.
If you have false teeth,what type of things were you able to eat after surgery? Can I see a picture? You don't have to show your whole face..I am just curious
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nutball3
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Dentures or implants? I know plenty of people with one or the other.
AZHOTMOM
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Can you get implants?

I just got seven crowns in the front cause I was born with no enamel on my teeth, so my teeth suck! But I might eventually get implants cause crowns do not last forever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:28 PM
Dentures

Quoting Nutball3: Dentures or implants? I know plenty of people with one or the other.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:29 PM
I have to look at implants. Do you know how much they would cost

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Can you get implants?

I just got seven crowns in the front cause I was born with no enamel on my teeth, so my teeth suck! But I might eventually get implants cause crowns do not last forever.

AZHOTMOM
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Quoting Anonymous: I have to look at implants. Do you know how much they would cost
Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Can you get implants?

They are around one thousand a tooth. I just paid $8500 for all my dental work. It was costly, but worth it. I have an awesome smile. Try not to think about what is happening now, but how great it will be not to have bad teeth, it makes the process a whole lot easier.

Robin-Christine
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:32 PM

save for later

amy-momof5
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Implants are insanely expensive and I doubt your insurance will cover it.

My dh just got all of his teeth pulled because of years of chain smoking and dipping. He looks like a hillbilly and I can't wait for him to get his dentures.
TXCatLady
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:36 PM

impants cost a lot...I had one last year - back molar and it was over 3000 but it may be less for some...also get a second opinion before you do anything drastic...hang in there

mimi0815
by Mimmie on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:38 PM
It's ok momma, atleast you will be healthier bad teeth can lead to poor health. Hugs to you I'm sure you will beautiful :)
JackieGirl007
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:39 PM

My mom and dad both have false teeth and have since they were very young. I haven't noticed it slow them down ever. When you first get them you can't eat steak and stuff like that unless you cut it up small. Good luck! I bet they will be beautiful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)