Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paying for their mistake

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
If your 17 year old son gets a girl pregnant and doesn't have a job, should you be responsible for paying their child support. Here is a link to a story near where I live would like to hear opinions on.

http://highlandstoday.com/hi/local-news/ap-grandmother-seeks-reimbursement-for-child-support-20140723/
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:47 PM
Wwhhaaa?
AZHOTMOM
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:52 PM

THat is crap. Her son should have gotten a job.

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I would've been furious about that. He fathered the child he needed to get a job and support the child. It really sounds like the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing in this case. 

mommyoflittles
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:02 PM

No, the dad should get a job to pay for his kid. Not the grandparents fault

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:07 PM
It sounds like she should have gotten on their asses sooner to get the problem fixed. And no, I don't think she should pay the support.
MotherLady
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:07 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here. Until my son reaches the age of majority I am legally responsible for his mistakes. If he vandalized peppery the owners are going to sue ME if he doesn't pay the damages.

Therefore, I feel that I sould pay reasonable child support for his baby should until he can be legally accountable.

If I had been a more involved and proactive he wouldn't have vandalized the hypothetical property. Nor would he have made the hypothetical baby.

As long as he is a minor his actions are a direct reflection of my parenting and it is completely reasonable to that I would be financially responsible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:10 PM

It doesn't always work out that way thankfully. Many areas the fathers can't be sued for support until 18 nor can their parents. That support has to come from mommas family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)