Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Only on Cafemom are you women seriously deluded to believe that a...

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:46 PM
  • 251 Replies
27 moms liked this

Only on CafeMom are you women deluded to believe a step parent has no rights, can not discipline and make decisions and is not a parent and the step-child is not their child.

If you sit and think about it, Step-Mom has MOM in the name. Step-Daughter has DAUGHTER in it. Step-Dad has DAD in it... and so on!  They are not just a 'step-in-parent'...

No, not every case is 100% perfect in blended families, there are evil step parents and evil step-kids! However, why do you women knock the step parents down in here and demean them and say they are not the kid's parent so leave them alone!? How do you know the kid doesn't call them Mom/Dad instead of Ms. So-and-so??? 

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Texor
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:47 PM
21 moms liked this

And only here would you ever hear someone suggest that you could file assault charges for cutting a child's hair. 

ShellLea
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:49 PM
7 moms liked this

My exDh's daughter, we've been split for over a decade, still calls me mom and sends me a Mother's Day card every year. These people's opinions will never change the fact that I am her mom. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:50 PM
Now I'm curious as to what the OP did to piss off the random anon.

Well OP?
PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:52 PM
9 moms liked this

I think, and I could be wrong, but I honestly believe it goes both ways on step-Mom versus bio Mom debate.

I've seen plenty of threads here especially on MC where the bio Mom is trashed and comments are written that she can "suck it" and things even more mature than that.

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:52 PM
10 moms liked this

There are too many who have a one size fits all mentality and can't think beyond the scope of what they've seen or what they can reason in their minds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:52 PM
She stole my husband that's what. Guess she didn't think I'd be on cafemom too.

Quoting Anonymous: Now I'm curious as to what the OP did to piss off the random anon.

Well OP?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:53 PM

I agree with you 100% OP!

My step-dad was an abusive ass to me and I was still forced to call him Dad. (Still do.)

My uncles kids recently started calling their step-mom "Mom"!

PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:53 PM
2 moms liked this

That makes absolutely NO sense.

Not every situation in a step-child's life involves a step-parent who came into that life through the means of having an affair with the biological parent, and causing the divorce of that child's family.

Quoting Anonymous: Step moms for the most part are home wreckers
Quoting Texor:

WTF? 

Quoting Anonymous: Home wrecker

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:54 PM
It would be nice if the parents could get along like that legally step parents do not have those rights
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Meh. Ignore it. Some people don't know a damn thing because they are not in that situation or they use that as an excuse to be a lazy step parent. Imo.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN