• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy Soap that's a lot!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I was gifted some hand me downs in great condition, but dingy looking. I threw them in the wash to freshen them up and my front loader was half full of suds!! I've been rinsing these clothes ALL day and there is still an insane amount of soap coming from them!!!  How does this happen??? Isn't there an amount to use suggestion you're supposed to follow for detergents?? I'm skirting around wanting to ask what her laundry routine is, she is wasting soap by using this much.

Anyone else ever have this issue??

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:01 PM
That's weird.
LivingDeadGirlx
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you have a high efficiency washing machine and perhaps used thee wrong detergent?
lonelymoon
by Kahla on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Hmm, that's weird.
Mackenzie40
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Good friend of ours is a washer repair man and he says most people use much to much soap..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:40 AM

I didn't add any detergent, I just threw them in by themselves because she said she had washed them. This is what I usually do with hand me downs unless they are stained and I'm doing a stain treatment.  I didn't add any detergent, this is what is coming from the clothes. 

Quoting LivingDeadGirlx: Do you have a high efficiency washing machine and perhaps used thee wrong detergent?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:41 AM

After this, I believe it.  I just finished rinsing them last night. I cannot get over HOW MUCH soap was still left in them. Blows my mind.

Quoting Mackenzie40: Good friend of ours is a washer repair man and he says most people use much to much soap..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)