Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I believe God gives kids Down Syndrome for a reason. edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies
9 moms liked this
Every child, teen and adult *I've* met with Downs has the most amazing aura of joy surrounding them. They may have dark moments, but any time I've met someone with it they are the happiest people I've ever encountered. You can't help but smile and feel the joy they seem to exude. I believe God puts them on earth to spread happiness and make our lives a little brighter when we come into contact with these amazing people. They can absolutely teach us something about how beautiful life can be, no matter our struggles. They are individuals and not any one is ever the same.

Edit: Well I won't try to post something positive in this group again. Bunch of hateful bitches who can't see the beauty in life.

To sum up my thoughts, here's part of a reply I posted.

I don't pretend to know God's mind. I don't kid myself into thinking he is perfect, but that he does love each and every single person and that each and every person put on earth is important. He has a reason for each challenge. For each triumph. For each tear. For each exquisite moment we experience.

I understand they struggle. Everyone does. It just seems to me that the people I've met have a less jaded view of life and have less hatred and cynicism than most. Have a good night.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kayliesmom03
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree...I think they are amazing people

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:17 PM
2 moms liked this

i dont believe in a god. hes like santa claus or the easter bunny a made up fairy tale.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:18 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm sorry you feel that way.

Quoting Anonymous:

i dont believe in a god. hes like santa claus or the easter bunny a made up fairy tale.

myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:18 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't believe in god, but I do think they're special. They're unfiltered in a way the rest of us can't be. In many ways they're just like anyone else, but it's like they don't have that natural cynicism that comes with growing up.
nelliesmommy
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I can agree with that.:)
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't Believe in god, but I agree that they and all SN children are here for a reason. I know I was given my son for a reason. 😉
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:19 PM
14 moms liked this

Not all are surrounded by such an aura of joy. Having worked with adults with disabilities for over 20 in a group home setting I can tell you they are people. Some are violent, some are angry, some are cruel, they are individual people. Not all are sweet, nice and happy go lucky. To say they are does a disservice to them as PEOPLE, people with their own unique personalities.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Im sorry you believe in fairy tales and a cult sucked you in to believe in something thats not real

Quoting Anonymous: I'm sorry you feel that way.
Quoting Anonymous:

squeekers
by squeekers on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this
ajdahd13
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:21 PM
7 moms liked this
I'm sorry you're so sad and unhappy in your life you felt the need to come in a nice post and bash Op's beliefs. Maybe you'll grow up and learn to be happy. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im sorry you believe in fairy tales and a cult sucked you in to believe in something thats not real

Quoting Anonymous: I'm sorry you feel that way.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)