Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CPS post...Edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies
I received a call from CPS this morning saying that someone said I abuse and neglect to supervise my kids. I have never laid a hand I've by children and they are always with me because I'm a stay at home mom. My oldest daughter has visitation with her bio dad and step mom. According to my 9 year old, they have been asking a lot of questions about our home and what goes on at my house.

I'm willing to bet her bio dad or step mom called because they want custody of my daughter. He just met her after a 9 year absence.

I need advice on how to handle this. I've never left my kids and never abused them. They are spoiled rotten but are well behaved.

Well, we were all at home at 4:30 as the case worker requested and she didn't show. I'm sort of irritated because we had to change plans we had and my husband took off work early. We rearranged our life for two days and she doesn't show up or even call to say she wasn't coming. I'm going to call them tomorrow. I wouldn't even mind a surprise visit because I'm trying to get this over with.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:19 PM
If you've done nothing wrong and your child is old enough to corroborate, you don't need to worry.
JenGo
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:20 PM

I have never been in that situation, but here is a bump. Someone might have more knowledge than I do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:22 PM

You don't have to worry if there is nothing to show it's a real issue. They will see it for what it is. A desperate ploy for his wife to steal your child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:22 PM
I'm shocked they called. Normally they would've showed up by surprise.
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:24 PM
2 moms liked this
They called? They didn't come out?

That's bullshit
Shadowed_Star
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:26 PM
2 moms liked this
If you dont have a custody order cut off vistes with dad. Just take a breath, if what you say is true they will take a quick look and close the case.
iamanon
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:28 PM

I've never known them to call ahead. 
Well if you haven't done or aren't doing anything wrong you should have nothing to worry about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Common here. They call first and set up an appointment for a home visit.

Quoting Aslen: They called? They didn't come out?

That's bullshit
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:29 PM
2 moms liked this
After a year of no contact, most states will allow you to file abandonment, and sever his rights.
And after nine years of no contact, there's no way I'd send my kid over without supervised visitation. She's literally going over to a stranger's house.
If there's no custody order, like a pp suggested, stop sending her.
katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:30 PM
5 moms liked this
I hate counties where CPS calls ahead. Takes the whole point out of it and gives neglectful parents time to clean their nasty houses and coach their kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)