Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$650,000!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
How do you go through that much money in 4 years! We just helped check my BIL in an rehab facility.

His wife left him about 2 months ago and said she had no clue he had a problem! My FIL came over in tears and confessed to DH that he has been bailing out my BIL for years to the tune of about $650,000!!! To top it off BIL has more title loans and a mortgage on his house that FIL didn't know about until today everyone is just devastated!

I'm over here like what the heck! That's alot of money! He hasn't said what he has been doing just that he needed help and he needed help TODAY! I guess we will know soon enough.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
drowningmama
by vendetta on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:26 PM

ouch

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Drugs?  They're expensive, and $650K over years isn't that much if someone is on drugs.

tinkerxbell
by Danger Will Robinson on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:28 PM

ouch

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:28 PM
I know FIL paid cash for their last 3 cars and their brand new 250,000 house. I am really not bitter or angry. We pay our mortgage on time and they have helped us when we ask, but damn 650,000!
belindah
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Drug and alcohol addiction can cost the family a lot of money.  My great grandfather, who had his own business, and two houses one in the U.S, and one in Canada lost everything trying to help his son get out of drugs.  He paid off loans He paid for rehab He bailed him out of jail and paid for legal services.  Your family is in my prayers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Drugs are not cheap. Addicts find a way to get the money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Drugs? Gambling? Prostitution?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:30 PM
He told FIL loratab and Zanex but I don't see how that would run you through that much money? And how would his wife not have known anything?

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Drugs?  They're expensive, and $650K over years isn't that much if someone is on drugs.

katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Damn, that's a lot of drugs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:34 PM
His wife did say she know he had a gambling problem but no clue he had other issues... :/

Quoting Anonymous: Drugs? Gambling? Prostitution?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN