Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you make the parents pay?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Just curious....if you invite your child's friend to a movie or skating or anything. Do you expect money from their parents? I fully expect to pay when I invite someone to soemthibg but I will take extra money in case the child wants something extra.

I do however find it odd when the parents don't offer money. It's just the nice thing to do. I always make sure to offer or send money with my kids when they are invited soemwhere.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:58 PM

No I do not. If I am inviting someone to come somewhere then yes I expect to pay for that child. Now if we as a family agree to go somewhere with another family we pay our own way.

HaYouFail
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:58 PM

If I invite anyone anywhere, or my kids invite anyone anywhere, we pay...When my kids go with someone, I send them with money.

Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:59 PM

If I invited, I pay for it. Usually we take a group of teens to Michigan Adventures each summer. I swing for the tickets, parking, and lunch. I only ask that if they want mad money that they ask their parents. Now if a parent wants to tag along or wants another sibling to go with them then I would expect them to pay their own way.

Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:00 PM

If I invite someone, I pay.  

If my child is invited someplace, I send money.  

Ginger0104
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:02 PM

If I'm inviting someone, I'm planning on paying.  Doesn't matter who it is.  Otherwise I wouldn't word it as an invitation. 

It's polite to offer money, but I also think it's best to decline it when you had every intention of paying for everything to begin with. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Everyone around me knows I don't have any money for extras right now so I don't bother offering because I don't have it to give. But I do plan on taking all their kids on an extra special outing as soon as I get my finances together. Since everything DS and I do requires no money (zoo, hiking, museums, free music nights, etc...) I wouldn't expect any money when I invite others along.
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

No I don't , when I invite, I pay.

However I know there are cheap ass greedy people out there so I always sent my son with money - it wasn't given to the parent. My son had money with HIM.

sillytroll
by Teehee on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:05 PM

No, but if my Dd goes anywhere, I always give the parents money. I don't expect them to pay for her.

apaschall4
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:05 PM
I send money, but if I invite a friend I pay.
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:06 PM
This.

Quoting Bluerose1482:

If I invite someone, I pay.  

If my child is invited someplace, I send money.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN