• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Uh, you're insane if you think I'm doing that.(LOOONG)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

18 months ago when I had my DD, the doctor at my hospital(who has a permanent scowl on her face, I might add) called CPS and said I wasn't taking care of myself. I apparently had a UTI(I'm figuring since I had her that day it was probably from before I gave birth) and so she called and told me "it's too soon for a UTI". The CPS lady told me that the doctor had also mentioned I've had to have my sheets changed "a little too often"...uhh what?? They basically told me I HAD to be on depression meds(because I've had a "history" of depression...who hasn't been depressed?!), so they bound me up and I ended up getting mastitis. Yaaay! :/ Well they put me on Zoloft and it made me spiral into AWFUL PPD.

Well I went to the hospital the other night for contractions. I figured since I'm due in a few weeks I should tell them my birth plan. I told the nurse I'm breastfeeding and I'm NOT taking medications for a normal emotion that everybody will get eventually. She said "well, there ARE safe meds to take while pregnant. if you're not on meds, it will make the post-partum worse". I told her how it was. I told her I didn't even have post-partum depression until AFTER they made me bind my boobs and put me on meds!!! She kept trying to convince me and I told her it's not going to happen, and I'm not taking "safe" meds during BF.

Ugh, really? I love that hospital but if that doctor gives me any CRAP again...!!!!

Note; I didn't know I had a choice of continuing to BF whether CPS told me to or not. I Thought they'd take DD, but when CPS came to investigate later that week I told her what happened. She had no idea. & she told me they're not allowed to do that. Oh, I told them I didn't want her to be formula fed. She was in the special care nursery for a week because she was small(otherwise healthy, with jaundice for a day), come to find they were formula feeding her and not using the GALLONS of milk I pumped. I pumped SOOOO MUCH for days ahead!! Not cool. I'm not being a doormat this time.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:17 PM

There has to be more to this story. 

I had a history of depression too - no calls to CPS, no insistence by medical professionals that I take medication. 

What are you leaving out? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:32 PM

I'm not leaving out on anything. I've heard of CPS being called for ridiculous reasons, and this is just another one of those.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had a history of depression too - no calls to CPS, no insistence by medical professionals that I take medication. 

ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

i wouldn't have had another kid at that hospital

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Yes, there are cases of unwarranted calls to CPS. But your physician called on you - not a bitter ex, or a spiteful neighbor. He/she is a mandated reporter, and typically has good reason to call. 

If you were not a threat to your child, why the call? I seriously doubt the tale you are spinning. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not leaving out on anything. I've heard of CPS being called for ridiculous reasons, and this is just another one of those.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:07 PM

maybe the threat was me being 17? hmmm I wonder.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, there are cases of unwarranted calls to CPS. But your physician called on you - not a bitter ex, or a spiteful neighbor. He/she is a mandated reporter, and typically has good reason to call. 

If you were not a threat to your child, why the call? I seriously doubt the tale you are spinning. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

big.city.mama
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Why the hell would you want to go to that hospital again?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)