Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need need need to lose weight One week without soda!! Down to 237

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:35 PM
  • 282 Replies
5 moms liked this

I always told myself I will NEVER see 250...I am 246 now...I am kicking myself in the ass. I need to change things and FAST I REFUSE to see 250 I WONT do it. I know a big part of the problem is I only eat once a day. I was homeless for a while and got into that habit. I need to get out of it. I need to eat 3 times a day, I need to work out, I need to do SOMETHING!

Update. So currently on day 5 without soda. I have been fighting some serious migraines. In part it is my normal ones in part caffenee withdrawls but I am toughing it out. I just got a 52 ounce cup so I can keep it with me. Acording to water your body I should be drinking 133 ounces on a warm day. I am having a hard time with that but will get there. 

This will make day 7 with no soda. 

WOOT this was from our 2.7 mile hike/walk (half hike half walk) Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile PhotoMobile Photo

He was a bit tired after 

Mobile Photo

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alliemom4ever
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:40 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm currently helping my husband lose weight, he's gone down 10 lbs in 8 days. I cut 90% of bread out of his diet, and that counts noodles. I make his portions smaller, and every day, one meal is a salad. No oils, no sugar, no soda. He has fresh fruit for dessert. He does not work out, unless you count walking hither and yon around the farm/equipment business. Hoping u are able to loose weight!

Quoting gypsy_rose:

I always told myself I will NEVER see 250...I am 246 now...I am kicking myself in the ass. I need to change things and FAST I REFUSE to see 250 I WONT do it. I know a big part of the problem is I only eat once a day. I was homeless for a while and got into that habit. I need to get out of it. I need to eat 3 times a day, I need to work out, I need to do SOMETHING!

CadillacCutie
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Lots of meats. Chicken pork whatever and veggies! That's how I shed all my pregnancy weight. No working out even. I'm back in my high school jeans.
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:44 PM

see thats the funny part. I helped DH lose 35 pounds in 3 months...I just cant seem to do it myself but I got to. I CAN NOT see 250!

Quoting alliemom4ever: I'm currently helping my husband lose weight, he's gone down 10 lbs in 8 days. I cut 90% of bread out of his diet, and that counts noodles. I make his portions smaller, and every day, one meal is a salad. No oils, no sugar, no soda. He has fresh fruit for dessert. He does not work out, unless you count walking hither and yon around the farm/equipment business. Hoping u are able to loose weight!
Quoting gypsy_rose:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:38 PM
9 moms liked this
Yeah i doubt you eat 1 time a day weighing 250.
jenerica.
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:40 PM
What do you eat?
almburr
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Are you ready to change? Is this the moment where you have finally seen the light? Are you ready to make changes?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I was in the same boat,  you just have to get off your ass and start moving,  that's what I did.  I work out at the YMCA every other day and take walks every day after dinner.  I cut out all drinks but water also.  I still only eat twice a day but now it's balanced healthy meals.  That first step is always the hardest but it's worth it.  I have lost 50 lbs so far now!

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

yes I am .

Quoting almburr: Are you ready to change? Is this the moment where you have finally seen the light? Are you ready to make changes?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Same boat here. And of course I just ate a bowl of chocolate and peanut butter ice cream. I'm sooo close to that 250 mark and I don't want to see it either. I hover between 243 and 246. What makes me even more sick is that after my 6 year old was born, I was like 180. That's how bad PPD messed with me. Ugh...well good luck to you. Maybe I will make better choices tomorrow too.
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

it's not what i EAT that is the issue but what I drink. I eat healthy...I drink a ton of soda and it needs to stop NOW.

Quoting jenerica.: What do you eat?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)