• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your kids go to bed easily?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:45 PM
  • 66 Replies
My son is REALLY good about bedtime. He will see me getting his milk cup ready and he will run get his Tiger his daddy won him and say Night night. Sometimes he says "No night night" but all I have to do is tell him tiger is sleepy and needs him to go to bed. He grabs tiger and runs to the room or reaches for me. He's two.

My dd on the other hand cries every time or whines...she's almost 6.
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:46 PM
DS is easy, he has to brush his teeth and turn off the bedroom light. We've never had any issues, he's 6.
Canvas_says
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Going to bed has never been a problem for my girls. However, waking up is a whole other story lol.

ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:46 PM

yeah my kids are like your 6 yr old. they didnt' used to be. it's like 2 hrs later and i'm still telling her to be quiet and go to bed so annoying. jsut lay down and go to bed why is it so hard. frustrating. lol

CadillacCutie
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Only if she doesn't nap. Then we're good to go!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Never had any issues. We say it's time for bed and they go. Never any fuss.
Young_Mommy89
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:50 PM
I think her problem is my parents let her sleep with them when she's there. She's been in her own room since age one at home. I slept with my mom or in her room for a while but never whined if I had to sleep in my room.

It's frustrating

Quoting ilovemykids323:

yeah my kids are like your 6 yr old. they didnt' used to be. it's like 2 hrs later and i'm still telling her to be quiet and go to bed so annoying. jsut lay down and go to bed why is it so hard. frustrating. lol

sissyboogs
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:51 PM

My son is 6, and he goes to bed very easily. Some nights, he'll even tell me he's ready for bed before I say it's bedtime. 

My 4 year old daughter, on the other hand, is a terror at bedtime. She just can't go to sleep for some reason. She's the type of person that can wake up at 6 am, stay awake running and playing ALL day, and then still not be able to go to sleep until 3 or 4 in the morning...and then be back up by 6 or 7 to do it all again. She'll cycle like that for days on end, getting very little sleep. Then, she'll have a day where she "crashes" and sleeps for a good 18-20 hours straight...and the cycle begins again. Call me a bad mom if you must, but I give her melatonin most nights to help her sleep. 

the.warden
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Dd does great but ds is a whole other story
Young_Mommy89
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:53 PM
See...ds LOVES to brush his teeth. I had to put his toothbrush in the cabinet so that he isn't constantly brushing lol dd.....welp she cries. She's a.....difficult child

Quoting Danesmommy1: DS is easy, he has to brush his teeth and turn off the bedroom light. We've never had any issues, he's 6.
Kylie819
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is 12. She LOVES going to bed, lol. She has always been a good sleeper, though.

We'll see what happens with the DD I am pregnant with. She is active all day and all night. I'm pretty sure she will never sleep 😜
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)