Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I say something? ( Reader BE AWARE conversation not appropriate for children)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

Poll

Question: Talk to the mother and tell her flat out to have her daughter stop.

Options:

yes

No

Let my daughter handle it

Tell my neice its not appropriate.

Not sure

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 73

View Results

My daughter who just turned 12 is very sensitive about her body to begin with, she told me today that her female cousin which is 9 says things to her like "when are you going to start growing" and keep asking her questions like when are you going to start ? Questions that are private and have to do with puberty.

My daughter says she keeps telling her "its none of their business"

I sat with her and told her a number of she could handle this.

I don't feel like I can approach her mother about this because she will just act like my daughter is in the wrong for feeling that way and i feel that it would be a 2 hour drama filled session.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Nows a good time for your daughter to learn to stand up for herself, IMO
ttriddick
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:56 PM
I say let your daughter handle it. Only because that that age I would have been mortified if my mom would have said anything. I'm sure I'm in the minority though.
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:57 PM
2 moms liked this

The 9 yr. old is just curious and probably does not realize that your daughter is uncomfortable. Instead of saying "none of your business" she should outright say that she is uncomfortable talking about it. It's a fact of life for your 12 yr. old and I wouldn't blow this out of proportion by talking to the mom or her cousin. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:57 PM
4 moms liked this
Btw, of all the MC posts...this isn't the one that needed a warning
gingerprincess
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:58 PM

I'd be talking to the mother... obviously your daughter has tried to handle it on her own, its bothering her, its not stopping... so you should discuss it with the parent... just explain to her that your child is upset by it, that she has asked her to stop and she won't so you're bringing it to her attention.

MichelleJ1000
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:58 PM
I voted to let your daughter handle it. Seems like she's already handling it by saying it's none of their business.
Shadowed_Star
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:59 PM
You read my brain

Quoting JulyBabies:

The 9 yr. old is just curious and probably does not realize that your daughter is uncomfortable. Instead of saying "none of your business" she should outright say that she is uncomfortable talking about it. It's a fact of life for your 12 yr. old and I wouldn't blow this out of proportion by talking to the mom or her cousin. 

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Have your daughter stand up for herself and talk to mother.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Quoting Anonymous: Btw, of all the MC posts...this isn't the one that needed a warning

Thanks for the heads up i would rather be safe than sorry.

I don't know anything about that. I haven't been in here for days so I missed whatever or whomever post needed a warning.

KatieFlower
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:02 PM

The younger girl seems curious and sounds like she looks up to your daughter and is nosing around because she wants to know what it's like

just tell your daughter to put her foot down or else she won't spend time with her for a while

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)