Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should the kids know their parent is cheating?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies
My spouse is cheating. Besides the obvious "cheating" behavior, I have unbiased witnesses, receipts, auto mileage and phone records to support my claim. He always has a story/explanation for where he's going and why he was late but the stories never add up. I know it but the kids buy them hook, line and sinker even when he's promised to bring them gifts back but conveniently "forgot" or had a "change of plans".

We've been disappointed on many occasions by his late night arrivals just to go in, take a shower and go straight to bed with little to no conversation or interaction.

I've already filed for divorce so I guess he feels justified in keeping up this behavior, I have no where to go with the kids so we're stuck here until the divorce is finalized.

The kids see me as the "bad guy" because I'm the one divorcing and they defend his every word and action.

Should I tell them what's REALLY going on?
I have one teen step-son that his his from a previous marriage and a preteen son between us. Both side with him on everything' because he's always been the "nice" one and as a SAHM, I have had the be the disciplinarian.

This situation has pitted them against me and its killing me.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UpSheRises
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:59 PM
2 moms liked this

No. Absolutely not. Your relationships problems aren't something your children can or should deal with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:00 PM
No why would you want to dump that on them its just gonna hurt them and it won't change a thing
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Never.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Your children should not know anything about either of their parent's sex life. It is nothing but damaging. Divorce is an adult issue and you shouldn't involve your children, even if they're adults.
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Absolutely not. Children should not be involved in adult affairs

ttriddick
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Nope. You know you're not in the wrong here. Don't bring yourself down just to feel better, ya know?

Plus, kids need to be innocent as long as they can. I'm not sure of their ages but think of how hard it is on you and how much it hurt you. Do you want your kids to feel that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Why do they think you're divorcing?
MichelleJ1000
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Don't drag them into the middle of this situation. Eventually they will figure out that dad is a douche bag.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I am a firm believer in the truth. But not just telling them like that.

Guess I'm the only one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:03 PM
3 moms liked this
When my child is old enough, and she asks me, I will be informing on why her father and I broke up. I believe the children have a right to know. In your case, they're hating you for all the wrong reasons. How do you think they're going to feel when they realize they've hated you over something their father did?
When my daughter was 3 and asked me why daddy and I don't live together anymore, I simply told her that her daddy had made a decision that I wasn't okay with and that we needed to be apart from now on and when she was older, I would explain it more clearly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN