Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MIL update. **Updated**

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this

So apparently since my other post got featured I can't update it. 

She talked to DH. She asked if he ever wanted her to live here. He said at first he didn't care, but this was a mess. He never outright told her to leave and that irritated me, but whatever. 

Now she is butt-hurt and saying her married BF is taking her apt hunting this weekend. Or she is going to stay with SIL. Or she is going to stay with her niece. Or she will go back to her apt. 

I told him I don't care where she goes, as long as she goes. He agreed and said he didn't have to tell her to leave. He knew that she would want to leave after her "baby boy" told her he didn't care if she ever came to live here or not. He said he didn't want to hurt her feelings too bad, but he did enough to get the job done.

She never mentioned what she said to me and assumed I didn't tell him. I don't know why she would think that because I tell him everything. 

Here's the link to the other post:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/20130960/MIL_is_trying_to_take_my_kid_long_UPDATE?ct=hp_most_replies_recent

**Update** 

The day after they had their "talk" she came and told me and DH that her BF told her DH said something (DH didn't, I was there) and that DH lied to me. I went through the roof. I chewed her ass. I told her I was there for all of their interactions and DH always put him on speakerphone if her BF called. She didn't know that but refused to apologize to my DH. She is currently at my SIL's house for an yet to be determined amount of time

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wife.N.Mommy94
by Bone's Wife on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:27 PM
What did I miss?
Tgant731
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:29 PM

My other post is how my MIL wanted to take my kid for 6 months. 

Quoting Wife.N.Mommy94: What did I miss?

R00k
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:29 PM
I didn't see the featured post. Link?
Tgant731
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:30 PM

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/20130960/MIL_is_trying_to_take_my_kid_long_UPDATE?ct=hp_most_replies_recent

Quoting R00k: I didn't see the featured post. Link?

R00k
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Clicky

And thanks :)

Quoting Tgant731:

Quoting R00k: I didn't see the featured post. Link?

Wife.N.Mommy94
by Bone's Wife on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Ohh okayy yeahh I remember that.

Quoting Tgant731:

My other post is how my MIL wanted to take my kid for 6 months. 

Quoting Wife.N.Mommy94: What did I miss?

R00k
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Why would she even want to take away your kid for 6 months each year? That doesn't make sense.
Not saying it isn't true. Just saying I can't think of a single reason why someone would want to take someone else's baby away from them for six months a year, every year..
Tgant731
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:37 PM

She keeps saying he's her baby. And since she's the "matriarch" of the family, I should just do what she says....yeah,no.

Quoting R00k: Why would she even want to take away your kid for 6 months each year? That doesn't make sense. Not saying it isn't true. Just saying I can't think of a single reason why someone would want to take someone else's baby away from them for six months a year, every year..

R00k
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:38 PM
But he isn't her baby at all.

In-laws are so damn frustrating sometimes.

Quoting Tgant731:

She keeps saying he's her baby. And since she's the "matriarch" of the family, I should just do what she says....yeah,no.

Quoting R00k: Why would she even want to take away your kid for 6 months each year? That doesn't make sense.
Not saying it isn't true. Just saying I can't think of a single reason why someone would want to take someone else's baby away from them for six months a year, every year..

MOMMY2ACR
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Probably bc the mil has lived with them most of the child's life and is super attached. Crazy, but I feel like that would be mil's reasoning.

Quoting R00k: Why would she even want to take away your kid for 6 months each year? That doesn't make sense.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)