Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DC Momma's?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:41 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm driving to DC with my 18 and 12yo daughters in 2 weeks. I have the big monuments, the cemetary, 3 different Smithsonian Museums, etc, all on my list. What I'd like to find is something like an inexpensive water park, or a great beach.

We rented a house, so no hotel pool to kill time.

We are actually staying in Hyattsville MD, and we have a day planned in Baltimore (just Ripley's Museum so far).

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:44 PM
I live around here but va side. You'll have a good time! Six flags is right around the corner and kings dominion isn't far. The beach is a few hours away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Also depending on how old the kids are I would look into rafting down harpers ferry that is so much fun!
the_dude
by abides on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:55 PM
There is an amazing aquarium in baltimore.
tink887
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:58 PM
I live in Hyattsville right out of dc definitely six flags in largo. Or go to silver spring. For water
tink887
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Go to the new harbor
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:01 AM
No beach...lol.

Take Metro!

No parking, and driving is a nightmare here. Especially if you are not familiar with it.

Enjoy.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Hey Homie!

I'm in DC now, but was born at PG hospital. Lived most of my life in Lanham/Greenbelt.

My Mom was born and raised in Hyattsville..

Quoting tink887: I live in Hyattsville right out of dc definitely six flags in largo. Or go to silver spring. For water
AnnaNonamus
by Spanky Pants :) on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:07 AM

I've heard it was pretty awesome- still waiting to see if it's in the budget.

Quoting the_dude: There is an amazing aquarium in baltimore.

AnnaNonamus
by Spanky Pants :) on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

lol... already planning to do Metro the entire time. I have no intention of driving in DC. ;)

Quoting KendallsMommee: No beach...lol. Take Metro! No parking, and driving is a nightmare here. Especially if you are not familiar with it. Enjoy.

the_dude
by abides on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Indeed it's been a good decade since I've been... and I don't remember the cost off hand, I'm sure it has increased.

I have family in DC proper, so I went a bunch of times, and the BW parkway is nothing to fucking mess, especially if you're not used to merging from both sides... which I am NOT!!!

And beware parking in DC proper. It's a tight squeeze, pretty much everywhere... metro is a really good idea... I'm telling ya...don't be surprised if you see people nudging cars to get into a spot...

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

I've heard it was pretty awesome- still waiting to see if it's in the budget.

Quoting the_dude: There is an amazing aquarium in baltimore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)