Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She is letting her infant suffer in pain!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 361 Replies
I just saw something on fb that is making me cringe. Yes im going to mind my own business and not say anything to her because its her child, but I was wondering how many other parents out there do this as well...

When your infant got their first set of shots, IF they were in a lot of pain after from them, did you give them tylenol? A girl I know had her baby 2 months ago and baby went in for her first shots today. The girl I know posted on fb how her baby has been screaming most of the day and night in pain after the shots, anytime she moves her legs, or if someone touches her. So she said shes in for a long night.

Someone suggested giving her a dose of infant tylenol if she is in that much pain, and the mom said she hasnt given her anything for pain because she is afraid that tylenol will block the bodies natural way of building antibodies. Now i have never heard of this before, so I dont know if theres any truth to it.

I just cant help but think thats not right to let an infant suffer in pain like that. I know, not my kid, not my business. But is this common for parents to do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:26 AM
27 moms liked this

Doctors always informed me to give baby Tylenol before shots.

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:27 AM
11 moms liked this
Um yeah I gave them Tylenol right before the shots and then every 4 hours after that if needed. But I also rub their legs and put warm wash clothes on the area too. But with the Tylenol to tske away the pain they slept through most the day and were fine the next day.
4Littleflowers
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:27 AM
4 moms liked this
Tylenol wont block the antibodies, but it used to be that you should give tylenol 1hr before the shots, now pediatricians say tylenol only if the fever gets up to a certain %.......
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I gave my son Tylenol before. He was running, I shit you not, after his last set for a couple of hours until it wore off. She's an idiot.
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:29 AM
26 moms liked this
I'd be more worried about why baby is still crying hours after the shots. I could be wrong, but DS only cries during, and maybe a little afterwards.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:29 AM
7 moms liked this

I wouldn't give a two month old Tylenol, but then again I didn't vaccinate my kids at two months either. We delay/selectively vaccinate for all the crazies that will attack me because my kids didn't get shots at 2 months, lmao. 

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:30 AM
5 moms liked this

i never used tylenol, but i nursed right after, and that comforted them enough. they never had extreme tenderness in their legs or anything.

if they were that bad off, i would definitely have give them something. i have never heard of tylenol blocking the ability to build up the immunities. i would probably research it a bit before commenting, since i am ignorant of that theory.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:31 AM
4 moms liked this

this is about tylenol and vaccines

grimmgram
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:32 AM
I never gave dd anything but she never had any pain or cried or anything. Idk if I would've either. Maybe for a fever and severe screaming I would. If it actually works cause Tylenol does shit for me
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:32 AM
4 moms liked this

and this and this.

She may be correct.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN