Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He's 7 months old and isn't crawling yet. Big flippin' deal!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

[sarcasm][sarcasm] Before heads explode!

So, my son, as the title says is 7 months old. He gets tummy time everyday and hasn't crawled yet but my MiL & HER mother are making a big deal out of it. It's stupid. He's not laying there lethargic. He rolls like a crocodile, he bounces in his standing bouncer, he walks in his rolling-walker but he hasn't got up into a full blown crawl position and my in-laws are making a huge deal out of it. Everytime he's visiting, they try to pick his hips up and force him to crawl and it's kinda bugging the shit out me. Like the pediatrician said, he will get moving when he's ready! He's to the point now where he pushes with his knees and slides upper half when he wants to get to a toy. And like I said, he gets tummy time, a LOT of tummy time. Personally, I didn't start crawling til almost 10 months, and I was walking unassisted by my 1st birthday. My little brother actually never crawled. Shockingly enough, he didn't like being on his belly so he'd roll over, get up on his knees and pick himself up to walk along furniture. Why are they making such a huge deal out this and why are they trying to force him to crawl and why the heck is this ticking me off so much?! I sense a disturbance in my hormonal force.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grimmgram
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:43 AM
1 mom liked this
People make a big deal out of nothing. Neither of my kids crawled much, just about skipped to walking. Both before turning one.
katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:44 AM
1 mom liked this
DS didn't crawl until 9 monthsish. No biggie.
skittlefart
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:44 AM
1 mom liked this

My first started crawling at 6 months and my second started crawling at 9 months. You're son is fine and will crawl when he damn well feels like it. He might even be doing cane dances behind your backs ;) tell them to leave him be and stop nagging about him and maybe he'll actually end up doing it. 

Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Both my kids were 9 mths old.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:47 AM
1 mom liked this

My youngest son didn't crawl at first......he started out "butt scooting" then walking then proceeded to crawling, LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:49 AM
1 mom liked this
He could skip crawling, as that does happen. My son was crawling at 6 months and walking at 8 months. My cousins daughter, who is EXACTLY six months older than my son, didn't crawl until she was about 9 months and didn't walk until almost 15 months. Every child is different, so don't sweat it. Tell them to worry about their own lives, and butt out of yours! LOL
t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Both of mine crawled right before waking around 9-10 months. Don't force him to be mobile, enjoy the freedom. As soon as ds2 was crawling he was climbing everything.
ditsyjo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:57 AM
No idea why they are freaking out... My 7 month old isn't crawling yet... Cruising but not crawling
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:59 AM

Thank God, people understand! I just don't understand why they make a big deal out of it. I've had to fight tooth and nail for these people to get off my back about my DS since the day I brought him home:

He's gassy! Maybe your milk isn't sitting well in his tummy. (Pediatrician said he fine and rolled her eyes)

He looks like he has jaundice! (Took him to the doc same day, he was at a 2% jaundice level.)

He's 10 weeks and not rolling! *gasp*!! (He started rolling at 11 wks)

Hes not sitting up by himself! He's 4 months old!! (He started sitting up at 6 mos)

He's not talking at 6 months! (He said his first word last week.)

He's got rolls on his forearms and thighs! He shouldn't be so chubby at 3 months! (He was born at 10 pounds and strictly breast fed for 4 months! Sorry my milk made him fat(??)

This is a SHORT, (and by short, I mean a few that came to mind) list of this kind of crap. You'd think I'd be used to this criticism by now.....I wish.

Gwynyth
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this
No worries, mommy! Kids to things at their own pace. The ones being negative need to STFU!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN