Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you say to people who ask you personal questions

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
If people ask you personal questions that you prefer not to answer and are none of their business, what do you say?

Some examples of questions people have asked me in the past may be about my future childbearing plans or the amount I gained during pregnancy and my current weight. My family also has this annoying habit of questioning things I do with my kids as though they're just making conversation. When I think of it later, I realize they were just checking up on me or trying to tell me what to do, only it was disguised not to seem that way. I get questions like "do you ever take them to the park?", "do you brush their teeth everyday?", "where do they sleep?", "do you know babies under one aren't supposed to have honey?". I know what I'm doing and take care of my kids, so I don't know why I'm treated like an idiot.

My current tactic is to dismiss the question by changing the subject or saying something vague that doesn't give them the answer they were looking for. So they ask the same question the next time hoping to get the answer they want. The question about our sleeping arrangements is their current favorite.

Tell me what I'm doing wrong. Do I just need to be a bigger bitch?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:02 AM
3 moms liked this

lonelymoon
by Kahla on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Answer with sarcasm. Tell a worse scenario. When someone asks you your sleeping arrangements, just say, my kids sleep on the porch, I sleep in my bed. When you are asked about your weight, say I'm currently at 650. Lol they might get the point. That's how I handle questions I feel are no ones business. It works for me.
KykysMomma1128
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:24 AM
I just change the subject or say I don't know what about you.
TotallyTweedles
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:28 AM
I had a friend of the family ask the tooth brushing question when mine only had a tooth or two to which I responded that I'd read an article by some Swedish doctor on the internet that you aren't supposed to actually brush a kid's teeth until all of their molars come in and even then it's optional until their permanent teeth come in. Then I sweetly smiled and walked away. She never posed any more lifestyle questions.
MedicMommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:38 AM
I give stupid outlandish answers. Then look at them straight faced.
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I answer with heavy sarcasm.
karats
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:41 AM
i'd say "dayum bitch mind your muthafucking business!"

then ask her nicely after if she would like a spot of tea.
lml
ElizabethA69
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:45 AM

"Nun of your farking beez wax"

want10more
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:46 AM

yup gitcher bitch on! i'd say, NOPE i NEVER brush their teeth, we're SO hoping for braces and rotten teeth. i never take them to the park, i find creeps online instead, so much faster. they sleep in the garage, next year i hope to buy them a heater, but the dog's blanket seems to work for now. i bathe my babies in honey and arsenic. so wholesome. and ORGANIC TOO! then just roll your eyes and walk away..........

jjames0991
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:51 AM

This, and I add an eye roll

Quoting HistoryNutty: I answer with heavy sarcasm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN