Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WTH!??? She said the house was the cleanest house she has ever seen!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:10 AM
  • 62 Replies

So we just moved into our third new house and I finalized cleaning up the old house last week. Well the people buying the other house (btw it is three years old) said it was the "cleanest" house they have ever seen. WTF? Do people not clean their houses anymore before, during, and after the move?

by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeghanH123
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Sadly some don't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:13 AM
The only time we didnt was because the LL was a complete dick and was taking our deposit anyway
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:13 AM

My hubby is a realtor and I asked him if it was really that common people move out and dont clean even if the house is still on the market, he said its common even nicer areas/houses. I could never live with myself leaving behind a nasty house!

Quoting MeghanH123: Sadly some don't.

seksen
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Sadly no.. I would never be able to leave it dirty personally.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:14 AM

I can understand that, but people that own houses wth?

Quoting Anonymous: The only time we didnt was because the LL was a complete dick and was taking our deposit anyway

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:15 AM
A lot don't. We cleaned and cleaned our last house. We cleaned for 3 days. When we moved into this house, it was dirty. It wasn't filthy gross but it wasn't cleaned after they moved out.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:15 AM

OMG me too hubby was telling me Im being too anal and obsessed! Im like boy, get that damn fridge washed! The floors were scrubbed and polished hell even the trimmings, doors, I polished the rails, lights, even the door knobs and faucets LOL

Quoting seksen: Sadly no.. I would never be able to leave it dirty personally.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:16 AM

honestly I am just shocked that is just down right nasty

Quoting Anonymous: A lot don't. We cleaned and cleaned our last house. We cleaned for 3 days. When we moved into this house, it was dirty. It wasn't filthy gross but it wasn't cleaned after they moved out.

Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:16 AM
No people are disgusting.
Shadowed_Star
by Neko‚̧Wolf on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:16 AM
One house my mom bought the previous owner let her kids draw on the walls before they left.

O.o my mom was pissed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)