Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"free" trial...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
Anyone ever sign up for free trials of something that you're supposed to cancel within so many days or you'd continue to be charged full price... When you go to cancel and can't for the life of you find the site?!
Ya that's where we are right now :/ they've charged the bank account already but I still can't figure it out!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Google it?
Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Go to the bank and dispute the charge.  And block any further charges from coming through.

That is exactly why I never sign up for those things.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this
In the 90s I signed up for that 10 CDs for a penny thing. Then they started mailing me bills and my mom freaked out. She called them and said I was only 12 and couldn't enter into a contract.

My point... I learned my lesson early, nothing is free.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:30 AM
I have been. Nothing's come up with this exact one

Quoting Anonymous: Google it?
Cocomicah
by time lord on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Netflix, when I first used it like 3 years ago. I cancelled the day before, and they still charged me. I emailed and called them over and over until they refunded me. Lmao all that for like 10 dollars haha. But tell your bank and try to contact those money stealers lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:31 AM
We rarely do but when we do we cancel it almost right away if its something we don't plan to keep... But my laptop crashed the day after and that's where I had the site bookmarked :/
I didn't think you could dispute "authorized" charges?

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

Go to the bank and dispute the charge.  And block any further charges from coming through.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:32 AM
I signed up on freecreditreport.com on a free tril of 7 days well after the first day I went to log back in the next day and it wouldn't let me back in and I tried calling the support line without much luck and ended up getting charged for a full month I think like 50 bucks and it still wouldn't let me on I finally got it straightened out but they refused a refund. I was pissed! So, because of that I refuse to sign up for any free trials love and learn thing.
Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Tell the bank you cancelled the service but they charged you anyway.  It happens all the time.

Quoting Anonymous: We rarely do but when we do we cancel it almost right away if its something we don't plan to keep... But my laptop crashed the day after and that's where I had the site bookmarked :/ I didn't think you could dispute "authorized" charges?
Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:58 AM
I'm looking up how to dispute with the bank in a few.. I can't find the site though >.<
I've even tried googling the name of the charge on the bank account which usually pulls it up but ntn

Quoting Cocomicah: Netflix, when I first used it like 3 years ago. I cancelled the day before, and they still charged me. I emailed and called them over and over until they refunded me. Lmao all that for like 10 dollars haha. But tell your bank and try to contact that money stealers lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:59 AM
I'll look up how to dispute it in a few.

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

Tell the bank you cancelled the service but they charged you anyway.  It happens all the time.

Quoting Anonymous: We rarely do but when we do we cancel it almost right away if its something we don't plan to keep... But my laptop crashed the day after and that's where I had the site bookmarked :/
I didn't think you could dispute "authorized" charges?

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)