Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son says he IS GAY.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 253 Replies
32 moms liked this

So this is a crazy day. I never had any signs or wonders. He sat me down at breakfast and said I'm gay and I have a bf. I was shocked and than I giggled. I giggled because he did smile when he said his bf name. So this guy must make my son happy. He asked me how I felt and I was honest. I think he is man enough to kead his life without needing validation from his parents. I would love for him
To have a wife, kids naturally, and a great job. I wanted him to be a doctor but he is a gay tatto artist with his iwn shop. Lol. Regardless of What I think he should do; I told
My son my love is unconditional. His dad may need some time to digest the info but even if I disagree with the lifestyle I could never stop loving my son. We hugged and than finished our brunch.

LIFESTYLE means a way of living. Everyone has a lifestyle inlcuding homosexuals. Marraige lifestyle for etc. It does not imply or persume that one person lifestyle is by choice. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Of course you shouldn't stop loving him. You are his mother.

Spam72
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:49 PM
33 moms liked this
Good for you. My daughter is gay too. I wasn't going to watch her have sex anyway so what do i care?
JoanahLee
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:50 PM
7 moms liked this

Kudos for not being a douchebag.  Your son obviously loves you and wants your love and support.  Thats wonderful that you are not kicking him to the curb or making him feel unloved. 

Your next step is to do some serious soul searching, do some research, watch the movie "For The Bible Tells Me So" (available on netflix) and contact a PFLAG chapter.   Time to get over "disagreeing with the lifestyle". Be better than that, your son deserves as much. 

stormborn
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:52 PM
5 moms liked this

It's not a lifestyle, there is your first step toward acceptance. 

BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Good for you for not being a shit parent. He's a lucky kid!
FireMoonGypsy
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Good! And good for him for being able to be true to himself. Good for you for loving him no matter what, a lot of kids aren't that lucky. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:00 PM
5 moms liked this
She does not have to agree with anyone's lifestyle! My sister is a lesbian. I love my sister. Do I agree with her lifestyle? No. I don't agree with homosexuality period and no one will ever force me to and I never will agree with it ever! Not everyone agrees with your way of thinking nor do they have to, so just get over it already!

Quoting JoanahLee:

Kudos for not being a douchebag.  Your son obviously loves you and wants your love and support.  Thats wonderful that you are not kicking him to the curb or making him feel unloved. 

Your next step is to do some serious soul searching, do some research, watch the movie "For The Bible Tells Me So" (available on netflix) and contact a PFLAG chapter.   Time to get over "disagreeing with the lifestyle". Be better than that, your son deserves as much. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:02 PM
3 moms liked this
Well I will still have my beliefs but my love for my son is unconditional. So to the point if getting over my beliefs is the same as telling my son to get over being gay. I can respect his choice and disagree.

Quoting JoanahLee:

2kids2dogs2cats
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:04 PM

:)

Good mommy and glad he could share!

JoanahLee
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:04 PM
16 moms liked this

It might not feel any different for you, but trust me, from the other side "I love you just the way you are" and "I love you, I just don't agree with your lifestyle" are not even in the same ball park. It's conditional love. If thats good enough for you, then thats your prerogative, but I do think parent of gay kids should be encouraged to explore the option of becoming a more enlightened person and getting over themselves for the sake of their child. Exposing yourself to new ideas and educating yourself on a topic is hardly being forced to change the way you feel about something. 

Quoting Anonymous: She does not have to agree with anyone's lifestyle! My sister is a lesbian. I love my sister. Do I agree with her lifestyle? No. I don't agree with homosexuality period and no one will ever force me to and I never will agree with it ever! Not everyone agrees with your way of thinking nor do they have to, so just get over it already!
Quoting JoanahLee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN