Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Eating junk food while pregnant is child abuse?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 558 Replies
3 moms liked this

So, I just left my OB's office (I am 16 weeks pregnant) and she asked me the general questions of how everything is going. She asked how my eating was going since she knew I haven't been able to eat much since I've been pregnant due to morning sickness. I told her it was going better, but the only things that seemed to sound good were salt and vinegar chips and Wendy's frenchi fries. She looked at me all angry and told me that eating junk food while pregnant is child abuse in her eyes... WHAT?! I try to eat healthy most of the time, but I can't help but be too picky when everything I eat comes right back up. For some reason, salt and vinegar chips take my nausea away.. Anyway, has your doctor ever told you this before? Do you think eating junk food while pregnant should be considered child abuse??? Obviously when my kid gets here, we will return to healthier diet.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.PinkHart.
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:17 PM
76 moms liked this
No bc my Ob is actually educated on what constitutes child abuse. And knows the difference in abuse and poor eating choices.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:17 PM
9 moms liked this
My dr told me straight up as long as I take the vitamins to indulge myself whenever I want to. My dr was awesome!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:19 PM
122 moms liked this

I'd be finding a new doctor.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, I just left my OB's office (I am 16 weeks pregnant) and she asked me the general questions of how everything is going. She asked how my eating was going since she knew I haven't been able to eat much since I've been pregnant due to morning sickness. I told her it was going better, but the only things that seemed to sound good were salt and vinegar chips and Wendy's frenchi fries. She looked at me all angry and told me that eating junk food while pregnant is child abuse in her eyes... WHAT?! I try to eat healthy most of the time, but I can't help but be too picky when everything I eat comes right back up. For some reason, salt and vinegar chips take my nausea away.. Anyway, has your doctor ever told you this before? Do you think eating junk food while pregnant should be considered child abuse??? Obviously when my kid gets here, we will return to healthier diet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:19 PM
13 moms liked this
you need to find a new OB
amandajoy21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Well what she prefer you to eat salty foods which help with your nausea or for you to quit eating or throw up all the time? My OB recommended I eat more carefully but only because I was overweight and having blood pressure issues and she wanted me to be healthy.
MommyRush
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:20 PM
39 moms liked this
O wow that's extreme....if unhealthy eating while pregnant is child abuse I think 99% of pregnant women would be accused of child abuse then. That is just crazy talk to me.
mommybear91
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:20 PM
5 moms liked this
She sounds like an idiot I'd change obs
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
That's extreme, maybe you should consider a new doctor.
diesel_darling
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:21 PM
11 moms liked this
Lol... no.

Find a new dr. You're going to end up bumping heads with this one A LOT
mommy2adandykid
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:23 PM
2 moms liked this

wow, if i had your dr i'd be screwed lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN