• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looks like the metformin is working (PCOS)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

Over the past week I have lost 5 pounds being on it. I thought it would take longer to work but I guess not. 

It is just awesome that I am FINALLY losing weight after such a struggle and constantly eating healthy and working out with NO results at all. Also frustrating to know that was the answer all along. I only went in and got put back on it (it made my kidneys shut down last time) and we just did a lower dose along with extended release (which I thought we were doing last time but apparently not) and much to my suprise I am five pounds lighter than I was at this time last week. Now to hope this keeps up! 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anon71
by Momma Squirrel on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Congratulations! I am glad it is working for you. I am three months in, and mine hasn't done a damn thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:10 AM

I am concerned that it will suddenly stop working because I have heard of it doing that. So I am trying not to get overly excited you know? 

Quoting anon71: Congratulations! I am glad it is working for you. I am three months in, and mine hasn't done a damn thing.

Tay06
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:10 AM

CONGRATS!!!!! :D

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Yay! That's awesome. I am hoping it works for me. I am on phentermine and lost 12 lbs so far, when my 2 months are up they are gonna put me on metformin to continue the weight loss!
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:12 AM
It works for me too. I'm repulsed by food.. pretty handy.

Congratulations!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:15 AM
I have severe pcos but met for min (my phone spaced that out really weird) made me sick as shit.

I don't want it for weight loss as badly as I do the chin hair and ovarian cysts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:18 AM

I want it for all of that. I have the side burns and acne and the dark rough spots and I have one really bad cyst on my left ovary but the weight loss is amazing just because my body has lost it's mind. It threw 60 pounds on me over the last 3 months which is why I am also going to see an endocrinologist next month because they want to see what is going on with that because that isn't normal at all especially when I eat the way I eat and do what I do every day. I should be losing a butt ton of weight because of what I am doing but I was gaining instead and I cannot even begin to tell you how much that was killing me. 

Quoting Anonymous: I have severe pcos but met for min (my phone spaced that out really weird) made me sick as shit. I don't want it for weight loss as badly as I do the chin hair and ovarian cysts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Most of the time I find myself not being able to eat food which causes problems with me. I don't ever want to eat breakfast or lunch or anything until dinner. I usually have to force myself to eat something just because I never want to eat and I know not eating makes the weight problem worse but there are times I just cannot eat no matter what I do. 

Quoting thefiregoddess: It works for me too. I'm repulsed by food.. pretty handy. Congratulations!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:21 AM

I have never heard of phentermine. 

Quoting Mommynwife26: Yay! That's awesome. I am hoping it works for me. I am on phentermine and lost 12 lbs so far, when my 2 months are up they are gonna put me on metformin to continue the weight loss!

taylamill
by Tayla on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:22 AM
It made me all but live on the toilet. No matter how low the dose or when I took it. The doctors at the time didn't care but the worst part was no weight loss at all. Not even a pound.

I was later put on a once a day shot of victoza and it worked for a while then stopped working. I still exercise and eat healthy. I'm stuck at 247. I swim when I can but daily I run about two miles. I will be pouring sweat but still nothing.

I have kinda just gave up. I wax the chin hair and have the skin tags removed when they get big enough. Looking into bleaching the dark areas of skin as well.

Pcos sucks!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)