Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child support review?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

My child support case is up for review since my oldest turned 18 and graduated high school. I was sent some forms to fill out stating my income and expenses. What will happen if he does not fill his forms out and send them in? He usually does not respond to the office or take care of any of his business. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.PinkHart.
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:50 AM
They will either use his existing info or use his social to determine if he's working and where. Then they can determine his income and go from there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Shouldn't the case be closed now that your child is of age and graduated high school?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:52 AM

I forgot to mention I have a younger child with my ex also.

Quoting Anonymous:

Shouldn't the case be closed now that your child is of age and graduated high school?

CadillacCutie
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:53 AM
My husband is filing his review and from what his attorney said they need her last four years of tax returns. So I'm assuming that's what they go off of. He she doesn't hand them over willingly she will get a court order to do so.
This is in Minnesota.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Actually, the fault was mine. Your post mentioned he was your oldest child......my bad. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:00 AM

Its ok...it happens sometimes. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually, the fault was mine. Your post mentioned he was your oldest child......my bad. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:02 AM

Well he dosent not file taxes. He gets VA disability. However he lied and said it was retirment but he never retired from the military. The child support case worker told me a while back they have access to see how much he gets a month. I guess they will just go by that then.

Quoting CadillacCutie: My husband is filing his review and from what his attorney said they need her last four years of tax returns. So I'm assuming that's what they go off of. He she doesn't hand them over willingly she will get a court order to do so. This is in Minnesota.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:30 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:20 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:13 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)