• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do u have implants, and do u have health issues?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I know two girls that have implants and have been both recently diagnosed with lupus, which is an auto immune disease. I'm windering if there's a connection? I've thought about getting them myself but I don't know, seems risky as I am in really good health. Your body was designed to reject things put in it that wasn't supposed to be in it, hence your body fighing off infections. It can't be that good to have a foreign object in your body for such a long period of time with no consequences I would imagine. What are your thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:52 AM

No implants, no cronic health problems, except migranes, which I have had since I was 7 years olds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:54 AM
7 years so far and still healthy
DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:54 AM

I have saline implants, have had them for 10 years now, no health problems, except hypothyroidism, which I have had for 15 years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:55 AM
I've had implants for 16 years with NO health problems.
hismommy2010
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:56 AM
I have implants, for 3 yrs. only health issue is endometriosis - but ive had that long before my implants
CMcLaws
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:56 AM
No implants, but I still have lots of health problems. On the other hand, my friend had had implants for years and she is very healthy.
JackieGirl007
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:59 AM

I know plenty of women who have them with no problems. Your body does adjust to things like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:04 AM
It can be risky. It's sort of a hit or miss. Some women's bodies reject them and some accept them. I want to get implants. I think the risk is low and there is no direct correlation to lupus.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:07 AM

My sister has hashimotos, lupus but no implants.  My mom has hashimotos with no implants.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)