Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever stalked a Facebook page?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

So, I'm on FaceTime with my best friend on our iPads and she and I start talking about our exes and the things we've overcome. It's a long long story but somehow we arrived on the topic of my exbf (we broke up years ago). Curiosity got me and I looked him up and just as I suspected, he's back living at home with his mom, looks like he hasn't shaved or got a haircut for months, unemployed and addicted to video games (judging by the photos of everything). Basically the same as the day I said enough. And honestly, I smh and wonder what I was thinking in the first place. 

Anybody else stalked a FB page?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:33 AM
2 moms liked this
Who hasn't?????
Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:34 AM
It's not stalking if the info is public. Stalking is serious.

With that being said, I often look up profiles out of pure curiosity and sometimes I like to "like" something or comment if their settings haven't been set.

This one chick posts "I'm still in love with my ex" and I was able to put "me too". Lmfao. That taught her a valuable lesson in tightening the FB settings. Mine is public but only friends may post so when strangers look me up, they can see everyone who liked it or commented but they can't comment, like, or share it.
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:36 AM
Out if curiosity, why do you choose to have your fb public?

Quoting Mocking.Jay: It's not stalking if the info is public. Stalking is serious.

With that being said, I often look up profiles out of pure curiosity and sometimes I like to "like" something or comment if their settings haven't been set.

This one chick posts "I'm still in love with my ex" and I was able to put "me too". Lmfao. That taught her a valuable lesson in tightening the FB settings. Mine is public but only friends may post so when strangers look me up, they can see everyone who liked it or commented but they can't comment, like, or share it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:36 AM

yup i have,heaps of times lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:37 AM
My ex of 10+ years (the one who got away if you will) just got engaged to a former close friend of mine. Although he and I are still in touch as friends we both have secretly acknowledged the fact that life has not taken either of us where we hoped it would go. We are not friends on fb but I am still friends with his fiance on there and have gone to her page a few times. Not even sure why I do and I completely know it's insane but still will catch myself doing it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:41 AM
An old no strings fling!
Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I guess it's for my son's dad and his family. I guess I could friend people I want to see public stuff but there really only a handful of pictures and statuses about his days that are public. I mostly post those funny memes and inspirational quotes. Maybe old classmates want to come across it. I don't know, legit question. :)

Quoting KristenFowles: Out if curiosity, why do you choose to have your fb public?
Quoting Mocking.Jay: It's not stalking if the info is public. Stalking is serious.

Marie_Edelman2
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Pretty sure it's a safe bet everyone has, whether they admit it or not.....
Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:45 AM
I look up my ex's wife's profile from time to time. It makes me laugh at how illiterate and profoundly dumb she is. And I'm not even saying this out of spite. She had a picture album titled "my fionsay and kids". *facepalm*. The woman is 32 for fuck sakes.

Quoting Anonymous: My ex of 10+ years (the one who got away if you will) just got engaged to a former close friend of mine. Although he and I are still in touch as friends we both have secretly acknowledged the fact that life has not taken either of us where we hoped it would go. We are not friends on fb but I am still friends with his fiance on there and have gone to her page a few times. Not even sure why I do and I completely know it's insane but still will catch myself doing it.
hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:52 AM
I looked up my ex and he has gotten uglier and weirder. He got pissed when his family said I was the best looking girl he has ever been with. I saw a pic of his new wife and though she may be sweet she is NOT pretty. He still lives with grandma doing absolutely nothing with his life. The second person is my cousin who is not aging well and is weirder than ever. I never write them but just check up on them every couple years and shudder.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)