Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kids don't deserve a mom as screwed up as me

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:28 AM
  • 20 Replies
I'm bipolar with anxiety and severe depression. Self medicated off and on for years and have chosen bad men since my husband passed in 2009. Now my 14 yr old daughter doesn't want to live with me. She's a great kid. Beautiful and smart but she's also a cutter which I blame myself for. I've lost every thing material wise and am living with my mom. My daughter finally said tonight she wants her mommy back but I have let her down so many times I don't believe I'm even capable of being a mom any more. Part of me wants to run away and not face the hard work ahead of me and I know that's completely selfish. How do I go on when I'm scared to death to face all of this.
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bbrown0603
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:31 AM
Hugs!!
Have you talked to someone? ( professionally?)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:31 AM
Dude, you need a shrink. This is too much for your average CM member.
mamalynnsmith
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:37 AM

Sweetheart i am so sorry. Please do not give up get the help you need . Your babies need you. I will pray for you to find the help and peace you need. Life is to short dont give up.

boggymom
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:37 AM
To anonymous. ..So sorry I don't fit in...thanks a lot for making me feel even worse!
justone_jen
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:39 AM
1 mom liked this
People are assholes here. Don't let it get to you.

Quoting boggymom: To anonymous. ..So sorry I don't fit in...thanks a lot for making me feel even worse!
mattiehatter
by Mary on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:41 AM
That's mainly what happens in this particular forum. You really do need to seek professional help. It's time to bite the bullet and take the first step.

Quoting boggymom: To anonymous. ..So sorry I don't fit in...thanks a lot for making me feel even worse!
mattiehatter
by Mary on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:41 AM
That's mainly what happens in this particular forum. You really do need to seek professional help. It's time to bite the bullet and take the first step.

Marie207
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:46 AM

DONT SELF MEDICATE, THAT IS WHY YOU ARE HAVING A DIFFICULT TIME AND THAT IS WHY YOU LOST EVERYTHING TRUST AND BELIEVE THAT.  gET TO A DR AND USE THAT MEDICATION INSTEAD.  TELL THE DR NOT TOO STRONG CAUSE YOU PROBABLY ARE NOT IN BAD AS SHAPE AS YOU THINK.  WE ALL MAKE IT WORST ABOUT OURSELVES.  LOVE YOURSELF, START BY LIKING YOURSELF, NO SELF MEDS, AND THINGS WILL LOOK SOOO MUCH BETTER.  WITH YOUR DAUGHTER, i KNOW YOU LOVE YOUR KIDS DEARLY, BUT TELL HER THIS "I AM YOUR MOM, LIKE ME OR NOT, I LOVE YOU AND NEED YOU TO ACCEPT ME JUST AS I COME OR ELES FUCK OFF.  YOU WILL FEEL BETTER ABOUT TRYING TO PLEASE SOMEONE THAT WANT TO MAKE IT HARD FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT PERFECT.  OUR KIDS ARE OUR LOVE BUT THEY WILL MAKE IT DIFFICULT FOR YOU IF THEY CAN AND YOU LET THEM.  TELL YOUR DAUGHTER "HONEY IF YOU WANT A PERFECT MOM CALL SISTER TEREASA AND BEAT IT.  YOU HAVE TO DO YOU BABY, I ALREADY LOVE YOU CAUSE I KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE MY ADVICE, AFTER YOU DO YOU (# 1), YOU CAN DO THE KIDS AND YOUR DAUGHTER THAT WANTS TO GIVE UP ON YOU.

Marie207
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:48 AM

HE IS RIGHT OR SHE, THAT POST WAS MADE BY AN ASSHOLE THAT IS SELF CONSUMED.  MAYBE SHE WILL EAT HERSELF  LOL. 

Quoting justone_jen: People are assholes here. Don't let it get to you.

lovetoteachec
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm bipolar and medicated. You need help professionally to become stable I know it's scary but you need help, message me if you want I know some of what you're going through.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)