Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pitocin after giving birth? O.0

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
I never heard of this and they hooked me up it's been seven and a half hours and I'm in tears and feel like throwing up... They won't allow me to come off simply because the bags not done yet they said I could come off in eight hours...it's toake me bleed more and my uterus contract to smaller size but I can do that batirally can't i?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
petitekatie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:14 AM
I have no idea. Bump!!
Brandibee_5
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:14 AM
Tell them it's making you sick and you don't want it.
DomsMama07
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:15 AM
0_o never heard of them administrating it after birth.. All though, I ended up with c sections.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:16 AM
You poor thing =(. They may have thought you were bleeding too much after delivery. But I've never heard of them keeping you on it for that long.
petitekatie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:16 AM
Yeah, I don't think they can force you to finish it... It's not medically necessary.
polkaspots
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:17 AM
It's normal, but you shouldn't need it for that many hours. Insist on having it removed.
I only needed it after my third was born, because they said my body needed the help contracting. I think I had one bag.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sammi20
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:17 AM

That makes no sense! I would tell them to get it the heck off of me!... If they refused I'd call a different nurse or take it out myself.. isn't pitocin just to help you contract? O.o

Pinkmommy0211
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:21 AM
You can seriously hurt yourself if you do it yourself!

And yes but after birth your uterus is still contracting to go back down to a smaller size, some women have a hard time

Quoting Sammi20:

That makes no sense! I would tell them to get it the heck off of me!... If they refused I'd call a different nurse or take it out myself.. isn't pitocin just to help you contract? O.o

Sammi20
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:22 AM

lol ya probably.. Oh crazy.. Never heard of that before. Thanks for the info!

Quoting Pinkmommy0211: You can seriously hurt yourself if you do it yourself! And yes but after birth your uterus is still contracting to go back down to a smaller size, some women have a hard time
Quoting Sammi20:

bbrown0603
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:23 AM
Has your placenta came out yet? That the only thing I can think of
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)