Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Migraines

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:34 AM
  • 5 Replies
What are you ladies taking for migraines? I was given two dissolvable type pills and they don't help at all and my migraines are increasing in both strength and frequency and I am about checked out. I need something to take as a reccomendation for my dr. She's such a quitter and I know will just say oh those pills work, you must be exaggerating. I seriously need to function, sleep, eat , all that shit again!!!
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TheDrsRose
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:36 AM
2 moms liked this

On the rare occasion I get one I smoke pot.

CafeMom Tickers
hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I just take Excedrin migraine but I catch it early so it doesn't turn into one. They suck! They tried to give me meds but it made my neck hurt so bad and my stomach, oh man it was worse than the migraine, it even made my spine hurt.
KandC1115
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I drink a soda, take 600 mg ibuprofen and put an ice pack on the back of my neck. Works every time for me!

Foolynroo2
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Two alleve or four advil at the start.

There are some however that doesn't help, I was in the hospital on major drugs for pain and still had one.

Dark room Cold Cloth on forehead , ice pack on back of neck and pray for jesus to come help me.

Never had a dr tell me I must be exaggerating , opposite they want to give me prescription meds, which I don't feel I need - and definatley don't want.

Maybe she thinks you're a pill seeker?

Foolynroo2
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Two alleve or four advil at the start.

There are some however that doesn't help, I was in the hospital on major drugs for pain and still had one.

Dark room Cold Cloth on forehead , ice pack on back of neck and pray for jesus to come help me.

Never had a dr tell me I must be exaggerating , opposite they want to give me prescription meds, which I don't feel I need - and definatley don't want.

Maybe she thinks you're a pill seeker?

And before the Migraine brigade comes flying in telling me I don't really have them. I assure you I do, I have gone through tons of testing since I was 8 years old due to them.  

I  just lucky enough to be able to manage them - and know my triggers and try to minimize or avoid them.

I question those who say "If you can function its just a bad headache not a migraine" there are large distinctions between headaches and migraines - namely the location of them, not the intesity of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)