• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone deal with this??

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:07 AM
  • 4 Replies

I have been job hunting.  I have 21 applications and resumes in already! (YAY ME!)  Some of them were through a staffing agency, but I went and did all of their junk and applied to a few of them.  Now, the job didn't call me, but the agency did and said they want an interview so they can "place" me in a job.  Since I've never dealt with a staffing agency, I was wondering if anyone has done anything similar. 

Is it like a pre-interview for the job I applied for? 

Is it just an interview for the agency?

Do I have to do an interview with them in order to be referred to the job I applied for?

As I said, I've never gone through one of these places before, so I'm trying to get an idea about what they do and how it works. 

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:30 AM
I think it's an interview for the agency. I had to use a temp service a few years ago.
cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:34 AM

More than likely, it is an interview with the agency, so that they can see what jobs you would be a good fit for. Depending on the type of job you are looking for, they may give you some tests to assess your skills(typing, computer proficiency, math skills, proofreading skills, that kind of thing.)

Good luck on your interview!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:42 AM

I have worked through a staffing agency before, they just did the interview to find out what type of job you would be a good fit for.  Then they place you accordingly. Generally around here places use the staffing agencys then if they like you they hire you in to the company after a trial period usually around 30 days.

petie1104
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Thank you ladies! I appreciate the info.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)