Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel funny about asking the dr if I can get an xray...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:41 AM
  • 17 Replies
Of my pubic bone. I had a nasty fall yesterday & landed with a metal chair jammed hard into my inner thighs next to my private. It's been throbbing like hell all night. I don't know if I should try to call the Dr to tell them what happened or just let this be. What would you do?
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:49 AM
Cry. I would cry. .

Ouch!
Bluescorpia
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:50 AM
Oh I did that! I was sobbing for like 30 mins...I couldn't believe how painful that was!

Quoting uhhnogirl: Cry. I would cry. .

Ouch!
Foolynroo2
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Why do you feel weird, most likely its soft tissue damage but you have a very important artery that runs up there somewhere - don't feel weird.

He's or she is there to HELP you. Call them and ask for an exam and go from there.

mummyoftwins92
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:52 AM
tell the dr they will check you out and do the necessary x rays or scans
Bluescorpia
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:53 AM
I didn't even think of the artery! Thanks =) The way I fell is embarrassing enough lol. So this would explain why I was so cold after the fall. I was freezing!!!

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Why do you feel weird, most likely its soft tissue damage but you have a very important artery that runs up there somewhere - don't feel weird.

He's or she is there to HELP you. Call them and ask for an exam and go from there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:58 AM

I wouldn't jump straight to artery, and it wouldn't explain you feeling cold unless you ruptured it, in which case you'd be dead or very near dead right now. That's probably more related to nerves/adrenaline from falling.

It doesn't hurt to call your doctor, certainly. They may want to do some testing, or recommend a wait and see method if you aren't having any major complications. It would be incredibly difficult to break a bone the way you described, and there's not really much they'd do for it anyway, unfortunately. It sounds more likely that you bruised some soft tissue and strained some ligaments in that area. 

Quoting Bluescorpia: I didn't even think of the artery! Thanks =) The way I fell is embarrassing enough lol. So this would explain why I was so cold after the fall. I was freezing!!!
Quoting Foolynroo2:

Bluescorpia
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:02 AM
If you saw the chair, it would make you shudder. I am buying a gate for the stairs & not use the chairs to block the stairs. This is what I get for trying to improvise a way to save money.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't jump straight to artery, and it wouldn't explain you feeling cold unless you ruptured it, in which case you'd be dead or very near dead right now. That's probably more related to nerves/adrenaline from falling.

It doesn't hurt to call your doctor, certainly. They may want to do some testing, or recommend a wait and see method if you aren't having any major complications. It would be incredibly difficult to break a bone the way you described, and there's not really much they'd do for it anyway, unfortunately. It sounds more likely that you bruised some soft tissue and strained some ligaments in that area. 

Quoting Bluescorpia: I didn't even think of the artery! Thanks =) The way I fell is embarrassing enough lol. So this would explain why I was so cold after the fall. I was freezing!!!

Quoting Foolynroo2:

TrouserMouser
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this
The cold is essentially a shock response to a painful injury.

You likely pulled a tendon/muscle or ligament, but you can injure these pretty severely and even pull their attachment away from the bone. If it is causing a lot of pain, I would bet checked out.
Bluescorpia
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:10 AM
Thanks...I will call them today.

Quoting TrouserMouser: The cold is essentially a shock response to a painful injury.

You likely pulled a tendon/muscle or ligament, but you can injure these pretty severely and even pull their attachment away from the bone. If it is causing a lot of pain, I would bet checked out.
Bluescorpia
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:12 AM
Pubic bone! That was the word I was looking for lol. The back of the chair rammed hard into my pubic bone.

Quoting TrouserMouser: The cold is essentially a shock response to a painful injury.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)