Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am NOT taking custody of this baby also.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
Long story short my DD got pregnant at 16. Had her daughter at 17. She had moved out (even though I didnt want her too) at 16 but when she was late in pregnancy she moved back in

For the first two months the baby was born she struggled being a mom and being sleep deprived but she was trying. Until she decided it was to much work and she wanted to go out with her friends instead. She dropped out of school and moved out.

I got emergency custody and then temporary custody and now I have full custody. It has been a strain on me and my DH and the rest of the family but we have tried to make it work.

My DD has been off and on drugs, and even in jail for a DUI. She just turned 18 and told me she is pregnant AGAIN. She was just expecting me to take this baby until she "gets on her feet" like it is no big deal and I am just a temporary baby raiser.

I told her no way. I am not going to keep raising her kids. She told me she got an IUD after her DD was born, well she lied.

I feel so disappointed in her. I dont even know what to do or say.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjenkins8208
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:21 AM
:( That's awful. I'm sure you don't want a "baby" but how do you not take in a grandchild....my mil is in the same situation, but instead of getting custody she lets her daughter come I and out of those boys lives. The poor kids are just confused and sad when it happens. I hope your daughter can get her crap straight
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:23 AM
I literally can not afford the first one easily let alone a second one. It has been very very hard and she just thinks I am here to take her kids so she can do what ever she wants

She talks about how "in a few years" she will come back for her DD and now this baby. If I keep taking them in she will just keep having kids.

Quoting sjenkins8208: :( That's awful. I'm sure you don't want a "baby" but how do you not take in a grandchild....my mil is in the same situation, but instead of getting custody she lets her daughter come I and out of those boys lives. The poor kids are just confused and sad when it happens. I hope your daughter can get her crap straight
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
That is exactly why my teen would have an abortion and then get reliable birth control they couldn't mess up. Have fun, grandma!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:26 AM
3 moms liked this
Well you cant force either of those so I wouldnt be so sure.

Quoting Anonymous: That is exactly why my teen would have an abortion and then get reliable birth control they couldn't mess up. Have fun, grandma!
sjenkins8208
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Yes she probably will, and that's so sad. Is there anyway you can get custody and then file for child support on her? Idk how it works exactly but mil gets support for her grandkids from their fathers atleast

Quoting Anonymous: I literally can not afford the first one easily let alone a second one. It has been very very hard and she just thinks I am here to take her kids so she can do what ever she wants

She talks about how "in a few years" she will come back for her DD and now this baby. If I keep taking them in she will just keep having kids.

Quoting sjenkins8208: :( That's awful. I'm sure you don't want a "baby" but how do you not take in a grandchild....my mil is in the same situation, but instead of getting custody she lets her daughter come I and out of those boys lives. The poor kids are just confused and sad when it happens. I hope your daughter can get her crap straight
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:28 AM
She doesnt work. She mooches off of friends and guys and donating plasma.

I have no clue who the first father is she never once said.

Quoting sjenkins8208: Yes she probably will, and that's so sad. Is there anyway you can get custody and then file for child support on her? Idk how it works exactly but mil gets support for her grandkids from their fathers atleast

Quoting Anonymous: I literally can not afford the first one easily let alone a second one. It has been very very hard and she just thinks I am here to take her kids so she can do what ever she wants

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:28 AM
You can sure as hell make their lives miserable if they don't comply. It isn't that hard.

Quoting Anonymous: Well you cant force either of those so I wouldnt be so sure.

Quoting Anonymous: That is exactly why my teen would have an abortion and then get reliable birth control they couldn't mess up. Have fun, grandma!
JackAttacks
by Angel on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Safe haven?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:30 AM
Did you get the point where she MOVED OUT?

Quoting Anonymous: You can sure as hell make their lives miserable if they don't comply. It isn't that hard.

Quoting Anonymous: Well you cant force either of those so I wouldnt be so sure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:31 AM
I will give her a ton of information and her options but taking in another baby just isnt going to happen

She needs to figure it out on her own this time. This is both what my family lawyer and therapist said and I agree.

Quoting JackAttacks: Safe haven?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)