Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opinion Post: Is it okay to return something you already wore?.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

Assuming you didn't find something wrong with it like a seam coming apart, a hole or the like.  You just decided you didn't like it.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:46 AM
No!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:48 AM
When I was poor, right out if college and networking and marketing myself I use to do that. I would hide the tags while I worse them. But I felt so bad about it.
amybrg86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:50 AM

i don't know if i feel like it's right or wrong... 

wrong because you're returning something you wore, but right because you tried it on, wore it out, and decided it wasn't acceptable and you didn't look good/feel good in it---sooooo, then i'd say you have the right to return it. hell, i'm not gonna buy something and then wear it and find out  i don't like it only to KEEP the item i don't like! that's a waste of money! 

i know i've definitely worn things and then returned them. i did it all the time when i shopped at least every weekend if not more. all you do it just leave the tags on the item(s)--assuming it's not a piece of jewelry or something, lol--and make sure the tag doesn't get ripped off and then return it with the receipt. 

my4kids274
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:50 AM

No....

PeachQuean
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:51 AM

I do it all the time. 

And the stores don't care. How do you know if you like it or not if you haven't wore it? Sometimes just cause you try something on a quick minute seems like it fits good or is comfortable, but then you wear it a bit and its not what you thought. So I return it. I keep my receipt and the tags. I've never had an issue. 

I don't do it all the time, but only when I need too. 

I've returned Bras to Wal-Mart and they take them back, but thats not after wearing them, just trying it on at home and not fitting right. 

Charlie557
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:53 AM

I think it's okay as long as it wasn't ruined in any way. I've never done it, but I'm so darn picky about what I buy that if I question my fondness of a particular piece of clothing, I don't buy it at all.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:55 AM
I'll only return something if there's a problem, like a dress I bought with a broken zipper. I had tried it on in the store but ordered a new one online.
MooseMomma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:33 AM
No. Why should I pay full price for something you've worn already?
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Of course the stores care.

Quoting PeachQuean:

I do it all the time. 

And the stores don't care. How do you know if you like it or not if you haven't wore it? Sometimes just cause you try something on a quick minute seems like it fits good or is comfortable, but then you wear it a bit and its not what you thought. So I return it. I keep my receipt and the tags. I've never had an issue. 

I don't do it all the time, but only when I need too. 

I've returned Bras to Wal-Mart and they take them back, but thats not after wearing them, just trying it on at home and not fitting right. 

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:40 AM
No. That's why you try it on before you buy it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)