• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your family watch TV while eating their meals?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:46 AM
  • 64 Replies

I have friends who watch TV during every meal time which to me means they are not talking and experiencing family time. What about your family? Do you always watch TV during meal times?

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:49 AM

No, we don't in my house.

Growing up and spending weekends with my dad, we did. I remember many family dinners filled with either the news, Love Connection or Baywatch lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:50 AM
Yes we do pretty much every meal with the kids

Bubbie0809
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:51 AM
No, not on a normal basis.
There's no tv in the kitchen.
Movies, or special events we will eat in the living room.
But that's the super bowl or things like that
jjames0991
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
No no no! I hate that. We do have music on at all times in my home. But TV no way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:52 AM
Yes but we are still talking and enjoying family time. We don't just sit there glued at the tv.
momof3grls4517
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Yes we watch tv while eating. I dont like it but I am out voted and my dinning room is a mess so we usually cant eat in there anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:53 AM

No we eat in the dining room every night unless it is a special thing. Once we ordered wings and we had a super hero marathon in the living room. Or if there is something special on we want to see but that is really only once in a blue moon. 

my4kids274
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:53 AM

We will eat dinner together in front of the TV when we have movie night.  Week nights we are not home all at the same time due to work schedules so my kids and I will sit at the bar in the kitchen and eat dinner.  When all the kids and my husband are home at the same time we will eat dinner at the kitchen table. 

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:54 AM

No. We have always eaten in the kitchen or dining room and we dont have a TV in there. 

Of course there has been times we've had a movie & pizza night or something, but every day normal meals, no....we dont eat in the living room.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:54 AM

I'm on my laptop every meal I have. Or watching TV. I tend to get super anxious while eating and have to be watching or reading something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)