Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't think kids should have chores - Edited with more info

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 354 Replies
1 mom liked this

I don't think kids should have to do chores, I think they should just be kids.  Life is long and hard and once they become adults the chores and work will be endless.  Kids should just be kids and enjoy it while they can.

ETA: My kids are 4,8 and 13. The older two can make their own breakfast, lunch and dinner, they are all great kids and never sass back.  But I think childhood is so short they shouldn't have to do laundry, rake yards or clean toilets.  They should be playing Candyland, kicking the soccer ball around and playing on the monkey bars. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hafsa1
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:50 AM
41 moms liked this
How do they learn responsibility if you do everything for them?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:51 AM
14 moms liked this
Kids need to learn how to do things like clean so when they grow up they know how. They also need to learn to be responsible and to be a member of a family.
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:52 AM
4 moms liked this

I don't think they should be "slaves" but you can't learn to be a responsible adult if you don't have any experience with it from a young age, in my opinion. 

TB78
by Tasha on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:52 AM
8 moms liked this
I was raised having to do chores and I had a friend who her mom and grandma did her chores instead. She is now living on her own in her filthy apartment because of that.
Kids can be kids and also have chores.
couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:53 AM
6 moms liked this
Stupidest shit ever
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I think some people take it too far but I don't want to raise a spoiled brat. Chores it is.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Chores are important for kids to do.
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Good luck with that.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/017/c/5/leafes_divider_by_gewalgon-d55jolb.png    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/017/c/5/leafes_divider_by_gewalgon-d55jolb.png

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:56 AM
17 moms liked this
I disagree. Chores are one of the best things you can do for a child. It teaches them how to work hard,and learn responsibility. Our girls have chores so they can become fully functioning adults one day and they get paid for them. We are teaching them that in order to get money, they have to earn it like their dad does and that they are not entitled to stuff just because they live here.
Tohru_Lynn89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I had chores as a kid and still had time to be a kid. My daughter and future kids will have chores as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)