Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She told my four year old...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

My son this morning woke up and we were getting ready to leave. HE stopped and looked at me he said mommy I cant go to school (daycare) I said why not? He said I have to take a bath. I said baby you took one last night before you went to bed. He replied I know but my teacher told me

"I smell like pee and thats nasty and I need to take baths."

I was shocked. I bathe my children daily. sometimes more than that if they need it. I dont know if he dribbled on himself when he was peeing or what but my children most def DO NOT walk around smelling like pee.

His regualr teacher was out yesterday so Im unsure who was covering her class he didnt remember the name (its  a very very large daycare.) BUt im just livid.

that is not something you tell a four year old.

If it is an issue (which its not) you should go to the parent.

UGH!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Its sounds like that teacher is crazy or was on something to say that to a four year old.
jjames0991
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Poor boy, that will stick with him for a while. Some people just don't think.
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:16 AM
2 moms liked this
I'd check his clothes from yesterday to see if they smell or not. Then I'd address it with the owner/manager.
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:17 AM
Well I hope you give them a piece of your mind! Poor dude.
zoegirlsmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Even if he did smell, she should have addressed a parent.

PeachQuean
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:21 AM

I'd talk to them, but I most definately would not be mad if they said that to my kid. Obviously it was true that he smelt like pee. They are not just gonna make it up. lol 

Sometimes as a parent we dont notice things we are used to, maybe he always smells like pee and you are too used ti it. 

Just saying, dont jump on the worker for lies when to her he probably did smell like pee. 

PogoPalOj
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:21 AM

And I was just wondering if anyone else ever felt like just wrapping their hands around someone else's throat in defense of their child. lol  Sorry this happened, I would defiantly be in contact with top dog of daycare.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:22 AM
I would just ask at daycare , it could be a simple misunderstanding .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:24 AM

at 4 sometimes things can get lost in translation. It could be a misunderstanding. So calm down, and talk to the teacher and hear her side and go from there. I don't recommend going in there guns blazing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:28 AM

I taught for 7 years. Ive had smelly kids. NOT something you say to a four year old child. you talk to the parent. PERIOD!

Quoting PeachQuean:

I'd talk to them, but I most definately would not be mad if they said that to my kid. Obviously it was true that he smelt like pee. They are not just gonna make it up. lol 

Sometimes as a parent we dont notice things we are used to, maybe he always smells like pee and you are too used ti it. 

Just saying, dont jump on the worker for lies when to her he probably did smell like pee. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)