Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kicking your mom out for smoking??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
My cousin let my aunt move in with her when she hit hard times and was evicted. My cousin lives in a condo with her husband and two kids. The two boys had to start bunking together, she got the third bedroom. However, because of the fact that it's a high rise building, my aunt is disabled and can't go outside and through the lobby several times a day.

My cousin forbid her to smoke inside. She was doing it in the bathroom, out a window, with a fan. My cousin caught her once and warned her not to do it again because it's gross and she has kids. Well, she caught her on Tuesday and said she had til next Tuesday to get out. She's going to spend the night with a friend for a few days then doesn't have a plan or place to go.

My mom called my cousin and bitched her out. How can you throw your mom into the streets with nowhere to go over smoking? Yes, it's gross to smoke inside, but not the end of the world. Idk, what do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I would expect to be kicked out...

JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:30 AM
4 moms liked this
That's the kind of shit you have to accept when you are an adult that can't support yourself.

There were clear rules. She broke them. And is now reaping the consequences.

Tough shit.
Artillwife01
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I would toss her too. Second had smoke is deadly and my children come first.

katydid150
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:31 AM

She was warned. I would personally give her on last chance, but that's it. 

davnrori
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:33 AM
6 moms liked this

My thought would be that if someone was in such dire straights that they had to rely on the kindness of others for housing, that they would follow the rules of the people living with them, regardless of whether they were related or not. Also, smoking is an expensive habit and someone who is about to be homeless should be thinking about every way to save money they can, including quitting that habit.

No, it's not the end of the world but she was asked specifically not to smoke in the home because of the children. She apparently loves smoking more than she loves having a roof over her head. If she had other options, like some place she would be allowed to smoke, then perhaps she should live there. Otherwise, you follow the rules of your host.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:33 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm a smoker & I would kick her out for smoking in my house.
eln1010
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Second hand smoke is horrible for children.  I smoke and so does my mother.  I never smoke around my child and definitely not in the car or the house only outside even if it is 30 degrees out.  I would kick my mother out for it as well she knew the rules, and broke them.

Dewinter
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:35 AM

This

Quoting davnrori:

My thought would be that if someone was in such dire straights that they had to rely on the kindness of others for housing, that they would follow the rules of the people living with them, regardless of whether they were related or not. Also, smoking is an expensive habit and someone who is about to be homeless should be thinking about every way to save money they can, including quitting that habit.

No, it's not the end of the world but she was asked specifically not to smoke in the home because of the children. She apparently loves smoking more than she loves having a roof over her head. If she had other options, like some place she would be allowed to smoke, then perhaps she should live there. Otherwise, you follow the rules of your host.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:35 AM
We are smokers, but nobody is allowed to smoke in my home. If I caught someone smoking in here, they would be out. I do not tolerate anyone going against the rules of my house, including my parents.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:35 AM

I don't blame her.  I'd be livid too.  I don't care how handicapped she is, she can go outside to smoke or not smoke.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)