• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Can't Stand Her Granddaughter

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:56 AM
  • 4 Replies

I love my best friend.  I will love her forever.  Nothing will ever come between us, but I can't stand her granddaughter!  She raised her daughter as a sacred cow, and now she is raising her daughter the same way.  It's killing me.  Whenever her mother and I were in a conversation, she would come up with some excuse about why she needed to interrupt.  "Mom, I'm having a growing pain right here." and she would point to her shin, elbow, whatever.  Whenever her mom wanted to go out on a date or to lunch with me, she would pitch a fit, so my friend wouldn't go.  grrrrr.  My Conny would always say, "She is the only child I will ever be able to have."  Yeah well, I was in the same boat, but I treated my daughter like a child.

Well now her daughter is raising her daughter the same way.  She even calls her mini-me.  We stopped by her house yesterday and her granddaughter was there.  My friend has suffered a traumatic event and yesterday was her birthday.  When my friend asked her gd to go into another room so we could talk she started her passive aggressive act.  Okay so this little girl is a little more devious than her mom was.  But I just can't stand to be around her. 

So there is my confessions and my vent. Whew.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:00 AM
The "'my Conny" just shows how possessive you are over your friend. Daughter and granddaughter come before you, dear
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:01 AM

I hate when people let children stay and be in on adult conversations. Its like they are too afraid to tell them "we are talking...you're being rude by interrupting...go play...".  My sister always did this with her kids and it drove me nuts. 

PogoPalOj
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:03 AM

The my Conny is a  pet name, she calls me Jenny germs, its from high school. Was going on long before either of us had kids. So bite me.

Quoting Anonymous: The "'my Conny" just shows how possessive you are over your friend. Daughter and granddaughter come before you, dear

smalltownteddy
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:10 AM
People treat me like I just backhanded my kid when I tell DD that she is being rude and interrupting. "It's okay..." Hell no, it's not. The world does not revolve around anyone, my daughter included. She can wait or interrupt politely.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate when people let children stay and be in on adult conversations. Its like they are too afraid to tell them "we are talking...you're being rude by interrupting...go play...".  My sister always did this with her kids and it drove me nuts. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)