Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how can I ask without seeming like a pageant mom (pic heavy)

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:17 AM
  • 95 Replies
I entered my daughter in the little Miss contast at our local fair. She sadly didn't win. I'm not upset I know there is always next tr and she knows it too. She was sad after because she really wanted the crown but every kid got trophies so I told her that trophies mean that each kid is their mommy's princess. She wants to be in it again next year which I think is great (when you fall you should always stand back up right.) I thought about asking the lady we emailed to be in the contest about what dds score was and see what we can change next year. However I don't want to sound like I'm that mom who emails the next day like why didn't you pick my kid whining. I'm totally not trying to do that. I don't even know if they save the paperwork from the kids that don't win.
So how do I email the head volunteer without sounding like one of those mom's. I really don't want to make her chances for next yr worse.
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:20 AM
6 moms liked this
I have no clue, but I would think a "hey is there anyway we can get the score card from the pageant so we know what to work on for next year?" would be perfectly acceptable. Good luck to you guys.
mamaBerg85
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Thanks I just sent it. I hope she emails me back but I'm not sure she will it was an all volunteer event. I made it sound like I wanted it for keep sake reasons which I kind of do.

Quoting mrsbrand: I have no clue, but I would think a "hey is there anyway we can get the score card from the pageant so we know what to work on for next year?" would be perfectly acceptable. Good luck to you guys.
mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, hopefully that works, Fingers crossed for you. 

Quoting mamaBerg85: Thanks I just sent it. I hope she emails me back but I'm not sure she will it was an all volunteer event. I made it sound like I wanted it for keep sake reasons which I kind of do.
Quoting mrsbrand: I have no clue, but I would think a "hey is there anyway we can get the score card from the pageant so we know what to work on for next year?" would be perfectly acceptable. Good luck to you guys.

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

This, exactly! Worded like that, it doesn't at all sound like you're questioning why she didn't win. I'd go with this for sure. Good luck next year! It speaks well towards your daughters ambition that she wants to try again instead of being down on herself about not winning. Good on her!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Around here, who you are matters much more than how you do.
mamaBerg85
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:14 PM
I'm sure that's a lot to do with it shes a very cute kid I know I'm mom and all mom's think that but everyone is always commenting about her and it's not like ur kids cute it's like wow did ur 3 yr old just say that wordand use it correctly or are her curls natural like they seriously think id curl my 3 yr olds hair to go to Wal-Mart. Lol) like I said I know I'm mom and all moms say their kids are cute. Also I think it's because she is tall for her age and wears 5T or 6 girls because of her height but most girls her age are still wearing those cute outfits with ruffles on the butt and she's too tall for them.

Quoting Anonymous: Around here, who you are matters much more than how you do.
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:17 PM

don't ask for the score. thank them for the opportunity, that your dd had a wonderful time and ask for feedbck to help her developher skills in the right direction for next year.

mamaBerg85
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:50 PM
That's kind of what I did I said thank you told them she loved it which is true and asked them for her score sheet for her too keep as a keep sake I kind of feel like she won't respond but mostly because she's just a volunteer. I need to post her pictures of her playing with her trophie and the video of her trying on outfits. Lol

Quoting teri4lance:

don't ask for the score. thank them for the opportunity, that your dd had a wonderful time and ask for feedbck to help her developher skills in the right direction for next year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:53 PM

**seeming  **  I do not think the judge committee would mind passing the information on about what your particular child could do better for the next competition.

mamaBerg85
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Haha she has soo much personality.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN