Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you text and drive?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:24 AM
  • 253 Replies
6 moms liked this

I am asking because my son was almost hit yesterday. He was on his bike putting on his helmet at the edge of our driveway when a neighbors teen daughter swerved up into our driveway. She only looked up when she hit the curb. I yelled for her to stop and she did. I let her know she almost hit my son and I was informing her parents she was texting and driving.

Her dad is a police officer and teaches a class about texting and driving since he has worked too many accidents involving someone texting in our area.  She laughed and drove off. I called her dad and let him know what happened two neighbors witnessed it and told him he could speak with them if he didn't believe me.  He said he would take care of it. Last night she came to our home and apologized to my son and to me.  She let me know her dad took her cellphone and car for 6 months. She also has to do work for me for for three hours once a week for free for the entire 6 months. She will be doing all my yard work the rest of the summer.lol  She is angry with me but I am very glad her parents are taking action. She could kill someone texting and driving.

Do you text and drive?  If you do text and drive do you realize how little control you have over your vehicle? do you realize that people die everyday in car accidents because of it? Do you realize that people who text and drive actually are more dangerous than a drunk driver?

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cupomeow
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:26 AM
2 moms liked this
Wow six months! I hope she learns her lesson.
imakehimscream
by He screams on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
No I don't text and drive. I only talk if I have my headset on. It's against the law here to text while driving. It's also against the law to talk with out the headset
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:27 AM

yes all the time

mom2hadley
by Heather on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:28 AM
2 moms liked this
No I don't. I know many people that do though.
jupiter5
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:28 AM
4 moms liked this
Not while driving but if I'm stopped at a light I do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Occasionally. And never long texts. Just a quick yes no type thing. And only on certain roads. Usually at stop signs or red lights.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
No, it's illegal and stupid.
Ginger0104
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:32 AM
3 moms liked this

Even with the laws against texting while driving, people still continue to do it around here.

I don't do it.  If I absolutely have to text someone, I pull off the roadway completely.  Even the shoulder is still considered the road and you can be ticketed.  I'm trying to set an example for my kids in hopes they don't become one of the idiots who text while driving. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
If I'm alone I pull over to text if ds is in the car with me he will text for me.
pinkblckstar
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:32 AM
4 moms liked this
No. Anyone who does is a fucking dumbass!

I couldn't imagine wrecking with my kids in the car or hitting someone else with kids in the car as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN